Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Photography Idea

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

ironclaw wrote: »
    Just one thing, the 'official' aspect of your signage doesn't sit well with me. Its a public and national amenity, so you arn't 'officially' representing it. You are just sitting an 'the brand' so to speak. Also its Croagh Patrick with strong Catholic ties there, so to some you may be seen to be exploiting a place of solitude and pilgrimage for profit. To be clear, I have no religious outlook, its merely an observation.

I do see where your coming from however I do not target the religious aspect of the mountain at all. I advertise my product solely as a recognition of achievement for climbing the mountain which is also an area of natural beauty. If it happens to be a 'holy' area than so be it haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

So 60 posts in, we have an idea that appears to have wider potential for other possible applications. The OP dedicated 12 days to the enterprise and now wants to sell weatherproof snaps of a holy mountain on an honesty box payment basis, for a couple of Euro.
    Happy Days, this time next year............................................

pedronomix wrote: »
    So 60 posts in, we have an idea that appears to have wider potential for other possible applications. The OP dedicated 12 days to the enterprise and now wants to sell weatherproof snaps of a holy mountain on an honesty box payment basis, for a couple of Euro.

You know I read some of your posts on previous threads and got a bad impression of you but thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt. I now know that I should have went with my instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

pedronomix wrote: »

OP as I said in my previous post you should definetly look into photobooths and weddings and stuff! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

tacofries wrote: »
    You know I read some of your posts on previous threads and got a bad impression of you but thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt. I now know that I should have went with my instincts.

Not sure how this takes the business case forward or adds to it...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I now know that I should have went with my instincts.

OP, your business model is flawed. Enough people with experience have told you it will not work. If you (as you said in an earlier post) want to ‘conduct a social experiment’ my suggestion is that you take your idea and posts elsewhere.

Over the years Ireland Inc. has spent hundreds of millions on tourism promotion; do you really think you will be allowed continue with a tacky photo opportunity on the top of a mountain, an honesty box, ‘borrowing’ power of another guy and a unit sale of €2.50 ?
    And thanking (because he agrees with you) a 16 year old for his advice does nothing to improve your situation.

And thanking (because he agrees with you) a 16 year old for his advice does nothing to improve your situation.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean? Nothing to improve your situation?

OP, your business model is flawed. Enough people with experience have told you it will not work. If you (as you said in an earlier post) want to ‘conduct a social experiment’ my suggestion is that you take your idea and posts elsewhere.

Over the years Ireland Inc. has spent hundreds of millions on tourism promotion; do you really think you will be allowed continue with a tacky photo opportunity on the top of a mountain, an honesty box, ‘borrowing’ power of another guy and a unit sale of €2.50 ?

A previous poster asked for me to update the post with how I got on and thats what I did.

You spoiled that pedroeibar.

I am going to walk away from this thread now.

A previous poster asked for me to update the post with how I got on and thats what I did.

You spoiled that pedroeibar.

I am going to walk away from this thread now.

Personally I think the honesty box is a good idea and personally I think not many people will steal from it and if they do it's not like you spent millions and it could be an extra few pounds a day :) don't let them get ya down ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Look lads, I am saying this once and once only on this thread but it applies to the whole forum. Anymore of the tit for tat bickering and nonsense and bans will be handed out. They will be for a month and anyone involved will be getting them. There are a few of ye posting on here the last few months that just keep it up and its been tolerated to a certain amount because ye also bring good knowledge and information to the forum but enough is enough. Cut it out or move on, and do not feel the need to go commenting or replying to this or that will get you a ban also. End of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Personally I think the honesty box is a good idea and personally I think not many people will steal from it and if they do it's not like you spent millions and it could be an extra few pounds a day :) don't let them get ya down ;)

It will be stolen even time there is a few euro in it.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Advertisement