Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance for Monday

Options
  • 26-10-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

My daughter is booked to fly out to UK from Dublin on Monday morning with her school.

Obviously there is the possibility that the flight might not go ahead due to the weather. I assume the school has group travel insurance, but am I too late to buy separate cover?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I shouldn't think so. Google 'Travel Insurance' and you'll be able to get some, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

dragona wrote: »
    My daughter is booked to fly out to UK from Dublin on Monday morning with her school.

Obviously there is the possibility that the flight might not go ahead due to the weather. I assume the school has group travel insurance, but am I too late to buy separate cover?

Possibly. you will need to check with the provider if they will cover a trip that has already been booked (better to double check)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Most insurers will cover for a pre-booked trip. The question will be the notice as the trip's taking place on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Travel insurance is not just to cover possible cancellation but accidents, delays, lost baggage, valuables etc. You will have no trouble getting travel insurance up to the day before travel. You won't be covered for pre existing conditions or facts you withhold at the time of taking it out

Advertisement