Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any hidden gems for no-nonsense food in city centre?

Options
  • 26-10-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    As the title says, is there any hidden gems for no-nonsense food in the city centre? It can be a pub or not, not too bothered (I do like a pint with my food!)

We've been to the Mongolian Place in Temple Bar before which is great value but this time we're not after an all-you-can-eat, just a decent feed of decent food for reasonable money

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Black Sheep on Capel Street. You'll need to be there before 7 or get pretty lucky to get a seat though. Food is superb and they have an excellent selection of craft beers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Exchequer, but stay in the bar. Nice simple menu.

The International for a no nonsense bowl of stew is very handy too.

I like Davy Byrne's for a pint and small plate of salmon prawns and brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

This may not be exactly what your looking for but this blog has some pretty good gems in it

http://eatforafiver.com/

just someone who finds places who do food for under a 5er in dublin city and reviews it.

....actually on re -reading your OP this isnt what your after at all, but worth a look anyway for sometime your looking for a quick lunch somewhere reasonable.

check out gotham cafe near grafton street had a really enjoyable meal there recently best pizza in dublin id dare to say too http://www.gothamcafe.ie/find.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

terra madra on batchlors walk.

honest simple italian food for nothing :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Worscht (sp) in George's arcade for really good sausages, Bunson (on Wexford St) for Burgers would be two that come to mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

John Mason wrote: »
    terra madra on batchlors walk.

honest simple italian food for nothing :):)

Hardly for nothing

Lovely place and had great meal there last night, 2 of us (with normal bottle of wine), cost €82 + tip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Folks,
    As the title says, is there any hidden gems for no-nonsense food in the city centre? It can be a pub or not, not too bothered (I do like a pint with my food!)

We've been to the Mongolian Place in Temple Bar before which is great value but this time we're not after an all-you-can-eat, just a decent feed of decent food for reasonable money

Thanks

Toss'd in the CHQ, fantastic Thai curry for a tenner.

http://www.tossd.com/Noodles.html

Advertisement