Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will current gen games drop in price?

• 26-10-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

With the new consoles launching soon how long do you think it will take before we start to see the price of current gen games start to fall?

I have quite a large PS3 collection but there are still some games I'd like to pick up. But at this stage I'm going to wait till I see the prices start dropping.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Older games you mean? Probably a year or so, given the massive install bases of both consoles at the moment. There'll be some unreal bargains to had down the line though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I honestly can't say, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm in no rush to move onto the next gen consoles, so I'll be more than happy jamming away on current gen for a while. Even more so when they're on the cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was wondering that too. Something tells me that we count see a drastic price drop off the bat as current gen is still super strong. At the beginning of The next year we Might have only 4-5mill next gen consoles where's there are about 150mil old gen ones. The market is clearly big and strong.

I was not really in to consoles when current gen was new. How were games prices back then for ps2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was wondering that too. Something tells me that we count see a drastic price drop off the bat as current gen is still super strong. At the beginning of The next year we Might have only 4-5mill next gen consoles where's there are about 150mil old gen ones. The market is clearly big and strong.

I was not really in to consoles when current gen was new. How were games prices back then for ps2?

I can't remember the prices exactly, but I remember sticking with PS2 for a long time before picking up a 360, and never running out of affordable games to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd say post Christmas next year before we start to see any drops, and even then it'll rely on how many people start getting new consoles next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It was beautiful. Picked up a load of PS 2 games for very little by browsing around Gamestop and Game. Gamecube too (Mario Sunshine for 2.99 was a memorable one).
    Project Zero 2 for xbox for a fiver in HMV was a good one too.

Advertisement