Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC extra charge - no terms and conditions found

Options
  • 26-10-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been with UPC since 2009, I had TV, Broadband and phone. in 2011 I canceled my TV and kept Broadband and phone with them and I noticed a standalone charge of 6 EUR every month, I called their customer service at the time (came across some unprofessional people on the phone) and I didn't get any explanation, since then my partner has been in charge of all the bills and I have completely forgotten about this charge until recently.

I am unable to find this charge on their terms and conditions, I found out in internet that this charge applies only to Broadband packages when they are taken alone, if the phone and the TV are added then this charge doesn't apply.

I contacted UPC in both twitter and Boards.ie, not only I got 2 different answers but I also was unable to receive the terms and conditions that apply to me, they keep telling me that they only have the terms and conditions of the current packages.

I am very annoyed as I have been paying money that I believe I shouldn't pay and at the same time they don't want to send me the terms and conditions that applies to my package.

I am planning to write a letter complaining about it, what are the other actions that I should take in order to make sure that whatever amount of money I've paying was mentioned in my contract with them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

indeed Fred, so what's the next step for me? contact Comreg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Comreg are the people to contact on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its the standalone charge, it used to be 7 euro, now 6.

It used to be on the website but then they just started quoting bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

This post has been deleted.

They are not the relevant T&C, when the OP dropped the TV and kept BB and Phone, this was the start of a new contract, and the T&C for that period would be the relevant ones, the "stand alone" charge was always mentioned before, I am not a UPC customer (since 2008) and I even know of the charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I find them good with complaints when you stick it in writing. Ask them to pull the recording of the conversation you had with them in 2011. I find it hard to feel sorry for you if you didnt check your bills in 3 years of being with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Yeah Op I got the same Charge after needing a new Modem. They asked me to upgrade to the 50mb broadband to receive a new wireless and modem kit.

They stated verbally only that I would be charged the same amount as long as I continue on another 12 month contract . Would have been nice if they told me about the extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Arciphel wrote: »

Comreg ??? Seriously ???
    They will ask the OP if he/she has complained directly to the service provider.
    They will look for a complaint/incident, etc. number.
    If not, they cannot help.
    If yes, they are unable to help as they really don't have a whole lot of power.

edit; Not particularly having a go at yourself Arciphel, more of a rant about Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Arciphel wrote: »

No they aren't. What has happened in a billing screw up. You need to make your complaint to UPC and get it sorted. That's your next step.

The stand alone charge only applied if you have one service and clearly you have two. Contact them in writing and get them to refund you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement