Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Accommodation (Dublin)

Options
  • 26-10-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi there,

quick one..

I got a job (thankfully) outside of Dublin. However, my social life is based around town and I've maintained all my friendships since moving. I'm getting on a bit to be sleeping on couches but don't want to fork out over a hundred quid to stay in a hotel. Hostels seem to be either fully booked every weekend and private rooms in them are hard enough to come by.

I'm trying to find an alternative to going to Dublin for the weekend.. I don't want to rent there as it'd be pointless, but I'd nearly like to find somehwhere to stay for Friday and/ or Saturday night of every second week or so. I was considering Air BnB and chatting to them about a block booking of sorts..

Anyone have any creative ideas? I'd like it keep the cost as low as possible but want to be in a clean and private situation.. probably impossible!

Thanks,
    Ross

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭McCongo

Hi there,

quick one..

I got a job (thankfully) outside of Dublin. However, my social life is based around town and I've maintained all my friendships since moving. I'm getting on a bit to be sleeping on couches but don't want to fork out over a hundred quid to stay in a hotel. Hostels seem to be either fully booked every weekend and private rooms in them are hard enough to come by.

I'm trying to find an alternative to going to Dublin for the weekend.. I don't want to rent there as it'd be pointless, but I'd nearly like to find somehwhere to stay for Friday and/ or Saturday night of every second week or so. I was considering Air BnB and chatting to them about a block booking of sorts..

Anyone have any creative ideas? I'd like it keep the cost as low as possible but want to be in a clean and private situation.. probably impossible!

Thanks,
    Ross
    Try the ONE in Nth King Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭theredletter

Tried googling it there, couldn't find anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Tried googling it there, couldn't find anything?

He probably means the Morning Star Hostel at the back of the old Richmond Hospital

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭McCongo

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    He probably means the Morning Star Hostel at the back of the old Richmond Hospital

No I dont.

I am referring to this:-

http://oneconnect.ie/index.php/bru-na-bhfiann/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Get yourself a steady girlfriend in Dublin Ross ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Talk to the hostels in person: often they have more rooms than they put up on www.hostelworld.com

I've had a private room in Kinlay House a couple of times, it's not impossible to get.

Advertisement