Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gabba: expensive luxury or a great jacket worth the money?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Retto will send you one for €181 all in and that's for the convertible one, does take a bit of time but so do most online deliveries etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I'm in Sweden on holiday at the moment and just happened to go into a big sports shop called XXL and found the Gabba 2 long sleeve jersey for €150!

been available at that price from various online sources for a while now,or were for a while. swimcylerun had them, and either crc or wiggle had them reduced as well, worth checking if folks are still looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I am 90kg at the moment 6"1 . XL or XXL???

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

XL definitely, if not L.

?? i'm 77kg, 6'1 and have a L. medium would probably fit on it;s own but i like a base layer under it. @ 90kg i can;t see a Large fitting

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm 6'2" and even at 90kg the XL is very loose on me with a few layers beneath.

must be a big jump from L to XL then. be worth barrabus finding someone he knows with either a L or XL then and trying it on to see

Have several other Castelli jerseys in L and the fit is much better.

mossym wrote: »
    must be a big jump from L to XL then. be worth barrabus finding someone he knows with either a L or XL then and trying it on to see

Jep Gambardella you around some evening?
    You look a lot leaner than me at the moment?

• Advertisement

barrabus wrote: »
    Jep Gambardella you around some evening?
    You look a lot leaner than me at the moment?

Am around most evenings. Let me know when suits and you can try my stuff on.

Am around most evenings. Let me know when suits and you can try my stuff on.
    Thanks, I contact you early next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

barrabus wrote: »
    I am 90kg at the moment 6"1 . XL or XXL???
    XL definitely, if not L.
    ?? i'm 77kg, 6'1 and have a L. medium would probably fit on it;s own but i like a base layer under it. @ 90kg i can;t see a Large fitting
    I'm 6'2" and even at 90kg the XL is very loose on me with a few layers beneath.

As I started this thread, I'll reiterate a point I made some time back.....
    I think there is some flexibility in the sizing with the Gabba (original) at 6'2, 78Kg and 30" chest my XL fits me perfectly with room for a base layer or light jersey beneath. No way would a L fit me, yet a L in a Castelli long sleeved jersey if fine. Go figure. Maybe my XL is a mis-labelled L......

Buy somewhere that you have the option to exchange for a different size........ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got drowned in my gabba Monday evening. Hadn't worn it as a rain jacket, but got caught in a massive shower for 10 minutes. Soaked through. Just boguht some Nikwax to hopefully fix it. I know it's not a rain jacket, but it is supposed to be somewhat waterproof. I was soaked after a minute in the rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Got drowned in my gabba Monday evening. Hadn't worn it as a rain jacket, but got caught in a massive shower for 10 minutes. Soaked through. Just boguht some Nikwax to hopefully fix it. I know it's not a rain jacket, but it is supposed to be somewhat waterproof. I was soaked after a minute in the rain!

Are you washing it with fabric softener by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Been giving the gabba a good test this past few weeks with the weather we are having! Believe the hype! It is a great bit of kit. Would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement