Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona v Real Madrid Match Thread 26.10.2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    Yep, he's got them back to their best that's for sure.

That's more than a bit premature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Madrid could do with Ozil on.

Oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why are Madrid messing up their formation to accommodate Bale? No Isco, No Benzema, and Bale in Ronaldos position.

Why did they even buy Bale in the first place when there was no place for him in the team and he is an inferior player to Ozil .
    Because Perez is a loon and he needed one of his ridiculous marquee signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

That's more than a bit premature.

Touché....

To rectify, I just think they have gone back to the way they played under Pep thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Magic yellow makes 'ronnie's' injury go away.

Game has slowed up a little after the frantic start

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I agree with Miralize, the difference between this and last seaon is staggering. There is a hunger, control and sense of purpose about this team that is undeniable.

I agree with Miralize, the difference between this and last seaon is staggering. There is a hunger, control and sense of purpose about this team that is undeniable.

I've not been convinced at all tbh. Been lackluster in quite a few games so far.

It's early days yet though.

You should send some lines to Rob Palmer, he'd f*cking love them!

• Advertisement

Pepe with superb defending there & very unlucky to give away a free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nice dive there from Messi, the 1-2 shuffle fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Shot from alves?

Palmer... I think has posters of Messi plastered all over his wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Nope Messi, wouldve been perfect as a long layoff for Alves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Wow Leo u sweaty

• Advertisement

That had Goal written all over it!!!

Great save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Valdes has been great this season.

I don't care what anyone says, it's been saves like that all season that have made Valdes the best goalkeeper in Europe this season and the man who should surely be Spain's number 1 at the World Cup.

I don't care what anyone says, it's been saves like that all season that have made Valdes the best goalkeeper in Europe this season and the man who should surely be Spain's number 1 at the World Cup.

I here ya, but his attempts at catching crosses has been nothing short of David James like.

That's something we can agree on. He's been under-rated for years imo.

• Advertisement

The man in the opposite goal has been better. Valdes has been fantastic though all the same.

He is a good goalie but prone to making clangers in high pressure situations.
    He would be under huge pressure if Spains number 1 in Brazil and would make a few clangers .

It's the kind of 45 minutes against a really top side that I think a lot of people thought that this Barcelona side was no longer capable of producing especially after last seaon. Dominant in possession and the addition of Neymar has added incision, threat and, for lack of a better term, real genius on the flank.However Xavi Hernandez is rolling back the years in midfield with Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi and Busquets all worthy contributors so far. As a fan of Barcelona, but more so as a fan of football, pure football, it's been a delightful 45 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

It's the kind of 45 minutes against a really top side that I think a lot of people thought that this Barcelona side was no longer capable of producing. Dominant in possession and the addition of Neymar has added incision, threat and, for lack of a better term, real genius on the flank.However Xavi Hernandez is rolling back the years in midfield with Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi and Busquets all worthy contributors so far. As a fan of Barcelona, but more so as a fan of football, pure football, it's been a delightful 45 minutes.
    yes but Dortmund,Bayern & PSG are all better sides than Real imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

He is a good goalie but prone to making clangers in high pressure situations.
    He would be under huge pressure if Spains number 1 in Brazil and would make a few clangers .

Have to agree on this. He can lose the head on occasions. In the pressure cooker of Brazil I can see this happening.

MD1990 wrote: »
    yes but Dortmund,Bayern & PSG are all better sides than Real imo

I really think that could be debated, in particular the PSG one but they are somewhere around the same level and of course had a good record against Barcelona last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

It's the kind of 45 minutes against a really top side that I think a lot of people thought that this Barcelona side was no longer capable of producing especially after last seaon. Dominant in possession and the addition of Neymar has added incision, threat and, for lack of a better term, real genius on the flank.However Xavi Hernandez is rolling back the years in midfield with Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi and Busquets all worthy contributors so far. As a fan of Barcelona, but more so as a fan of football, pure football, it's been a delightful 45 minutes.

Vomit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Classico's rarely live up to the billing

Is Andersonisgod the bastard child of Rob Palmer and Jimmy Magee?

AdamD wrote: »
    Classico's rarely live up to the billing

They do more than any other major rivalry in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That_Guy wrote: »
    I was gonna watch this game but....
    Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Vomit...
    Is Andersonisgod the bastard child of Rob Palmer and Jimmy Magee?

Less of this too please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I really think that could be debated, in particular the PSG one but they are somewhere around the same level and of course had a good record against Barcelona last season.

PSG could be debated, yes. Bayern couldn't, because they're clearly a level above every team in world football now.

It's the kind of 45 minutes against a really top side that I think a lot of people thought that this Barcelona side was no longer capable of producing especially after last seaon.

We will see how they perform next February-May as that is the true test.
    They started last season well too and went to pot in February when their annual dip in form occurred.

dfx- wrote: »
    Less of this too please.

I, unlike the others actually enjoy his posts. Just want to make that clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Sneaky kick from Ramos, stupid since he's already on a yellow.

Iniesta is amazing.

Iniesta is amazing.

Been his best game in quite some time.

Good to see Ancelotti rectifying his mistake by taking off Ramos.

A big difference in this Barca side as oppposed to Peps side is they vary their approach play a lot more. You see more direct balls and more variety to their attack.

Only a matter of time before we see Isco surely. Madrid been very toothless, been harping on about this but they could really use Ozil. :pac:

• Advertisement

Brilliant Valdes.

The greatest goalkeeper to ever play for the club, the greatest goalkeeper the club had ever produced, Victor Valdes strikes again!

Moneymaker wrote: »
    A big difference in this Barca side as oppposed to Peps side is they vary their approach play a lot more. You see more direct balls and more variety to their attack.

Only a matter of time before we see Isco surely. Madrid been very toothless, been harping on about this but they could really use Ozil. :pac:

He's gone, get over it.

Madrid still well in this, especially if Barca keep playing direct balls that Real are just mopping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Bale off, good decision as he's done fook all.

Corholio wrote: »
    He's gone, get over it.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He's gone, get over it.

Madrid still well in this, especially if Barca keep playing direct balls that Real are just mopping up.

He doesn't support Madrid (as far as I know), so there's probably nothing to get over. He's right though in that Madrid have lost their main creative outlet, and are subsequently struggling for chances a bit.

• Advertisement

He doesn't support Madrid (as far as I know), so there's probably nothing to get over. He's right though in that Madrid have lost their main creative outlet, and are subsequently struggling for chances a bit.

It was more the fact he, as he said, was harping on about it. Ozil did nothing in quite a few clasicos. But of course they're a poorer side without him, just dont know how many times it needs to be mentioned.

It was more the fact he, as he said, was harping on about it. Ozil did nothing in quite a few clasicos. But of course they're a poorer side without him, just dont know how many times it needs to be mentioned.

Did nothing? He was man of the match in several classicos(2-1 win to secure the title in 2012, copa del rey 2nd leg last season). It was a huge blunder to sell him and one they'll pay for and regret.

You can drop the attitude now and we can get back to this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

This is dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Penalty or a booking for Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

From behind, could have easily been given, should have been a peno imo.

what a effort from benzema, ****ing hell!

• Advertisement
Advertisement