Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree lights.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Crazy Eye,
    Any chance of taking a snap of your lidl and homestore light and uploading them for a look?
    Would love

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    Crazy Eye,
    Any chance of taking a snap of your lidl and homestore light and uploading them for a look?
    Would love

will do my best later on tonite when kids are gone to sleep .

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    will do my best later on tonite when kids are gone to sleep .

havent forgotten you, kids just gone to bed and just waitin for camera battery to charge up now .

took picture of white led lights and also multicoloured lights .
    1st picture has lidl warm white lights at top and homestore warm white lights on bottom . lidl lights are slightly bigger and slightly more difussed in nature , a tad easier on the eye . home store are a slight bit crisper and sharper to look at . both are nice though .

2nd picture shows multicoloured led lights .
    lidl lights on the top again and homestores lights on the bottom . this time the lidl multicoloured lights are a bit sharper and brighter to look at than the homestore lights . i feel that the homestore multicoloured lights are a tad less bright and seem a bit cheaper if that makes any sense .

i also have 300 led light sets of tesco warm white and also multicloured lights . to me these are much nicer on the eye than either lidl lights or homestore & more lights . but thats just my opinion .

OMG
    You are a Queen amongst women!
    Will have to check out these Tesco lights, your advise carries a LOT of weight!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    OMG
    You are a Queen amongst women!
    Will have to check out these Tesco lights, your advise carries a LOT of weight!!!!!!!!

ha ha my missus allways says to me that im a bit of a flirt with the ladies especially the supermarket checkout ladies when doing the weekly shopping . i just say please and thankyou and be nice and polite to everyone and respect people . allways being polite, and saying please and thankyou costs nothing in this world , thats the way i was brought up .
    these are the tesco lights i bought .there are 2 types of tesco lights , microlights and then normal sized lights . the microlights are ok but the normal sized lights are much nicer to look at when lit up . you can use the tesco outdoor lights on the inside too .

dont forget that woodies have 20% off most things this weekend ,so 20% offf festive lights and b & q have 20% off christmas lights too . you need a voucher for woodies to get 20% off .

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/596289/280101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

i got mine in B&Q found them very good. the last couple of years the done buy 1 get 1 free or 3for2. think i paid around €25 euro last year 240 led. can be used indoor or outdoor.

woodies and b & q have all their lights out on display so you can see whats what and what looks nice . homestore and more also have their lights out on display and lit up . tesco dont have them out on display though , but just go to customer information with a box of them and ask the girls there to light them up for you so you can see them lit and what they look like . they will do this for you no problems . same with lidl and aldi , no problem in trying them quickly before you buy .

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

We got a whole new set of lights a couple of years ago in B'n'Q....LED ones...about a 1000 lights (seems a lot but we have a huge tree and we have sets in white and colour) in total and they were reasonable enough! They've lasted and really colourful and bright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Very interesting posts on lights folks, thanks. Personally I love mixing white lights with the red berry lights when dressing the tree. It looks really warm.

With a new set of lights, I have found that I can't get them to fit neatly back into the paper boxes so a few years ago, I flattened the box out and wrapped the lights around the flattened box. I have found it keeps them from ravelling and its really easy to put up on the tree the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

eskimocat wrote: »
    Very interesting posts on lights folks, thanks. Personally I love mixing white lights with the red berry lights when dressing the tree. It looks really warm.

Snap! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Planning on buying lights off ebay from China whats the correct voltage the one's I'm looking at are "220V~250V" are these OK they have a 2pin plug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Hi all, I'm looking for a few hundred fairy lights with a white cable. We have a beautiful white flock tree, from Atlantic Homecare, that is 12 years old by now and since last year, goes in our kitchen cum living room. I've been using outside icicle lights for years, purely because they are completely white from start to finish, cable and bulbs, and up until last year it was in the porch, but they have one setting of constant block flashing and its hard to look at in the living room.
    has anyone seen any nice ones? Prefer the coloured ones but i will dilute with some white too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Why are all small sets of lights battery powered these days? I'm looking for mains powered 20 warm white led lights for a garland. Anyone have any ideas?

HighLine wrote: »
    Why are all small sets of lights battery powered these days? I'm looking for mains powered 20 warm white led lights for a garland. Anyone have any ideas?

those small sets are used on small door side bay trees and shrubs that's why they are battery powered .

those small sets are used on small door side bay trees and shrubs that's why they are battery powered .

Yeah and I have a few sets of them but there is still a use for the mains powered ones. Even an ebay search isn't finding anything!

Yeah and I have a few sets of them but there is still a use for the mains powered ones. Even an ebay search isn't finding anything!
    have you got outdoor wall sockets or would you run the leads in through the front wndows to internal sockets? outdoor sockets would be more discrete and less hassle with running christmas light leads

have you got outdoor wall sockets or would you run the leads in through the front wndows to internal sockets? outdoor sockets would be more discrete and less hassle with running christmas light leads

No - I want them for a fireplace garland inside the house. That is why I am looking for mains powered lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

Call me Al wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for a few hundred fairy lights with a white cable. We have a beautiful white flock tree, from Atlantic Homecare, that is 12 years old by now and since last year, goes in our kitchen cum living room. I've been using outside icicle lights for years, purely because they are completely white from start to finish, cable and bulbs, and up until last year it was in the porch, but they have one setting of constant block flashing and its hard to look at in the living room.
    has anyone seen any nice ones? Prefer the coloured ones but i will dilute with some white too.

b&q have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

b&q have them.

Ok thanks!

No - I want them for a fireplace garland inside the house. That is why I am looking for mains powered lights.

50 set of mains wired led warm white lights in penneys for 5 euro . 5.5 meters in length , just had a look at them and they are nice .
    they also have 40 set of mains wired warm white fairy lights for 3 euro .

got a text from homestore & more this morning to say that all their christmas tree lights and decorations are selling at half price
    forgot to give promotion code , code to use is 041750

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I got that too, but you can only use it instore and there's no store near me. But they say it's a preview sale, so I'm hoping by Monday they will be reduced online.

What's a good amount of lights for a 7ft tree? I can't remember how many are on the sets I have, but I'm scrapping those this year and buying new, bought the lidl warm white set, they are lovely actually, so that's 200, I normally go with white and red lights, but might get multicoloured this year. Would another 200 set been enough?

Cherrycola wrote: »
    I got that too, but you can only use it instore and there's no store near me. But they say it's a preview sale, so I'm hoping by Monday they will be reduced online.

What's a good amount of lights for a 7ft tree? I can't remember how many are on the sets I have, but I'm scrapping those this year and buying new, bought the lidl warm white set, they are lovely actually, so that's 200, I normally go with white and red lights, but might get multicoloured this year. Would another 200 set been enough?

400-500 would be nice on 7 foot tree you can sets of 100 150 200 and 300 in homestore & more . they will be all reduced to half price instore the second we get into december as they did it last year too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I think it says down at the bottom of the email that the offers will be "publicly available from the 24th November", so you don't even have to wait til December!

Alicat wrote: »
    I think it says down at the bottom of the email that the offers will be "publicly available from the 24th November", so you don't even have to wait til December!

they will fly out the door , i rekon tesco might do half price on their lights around 1st week of december to try and sell them on

tesco have reduced all led christmas tree lights by 50% they can be used indoor and outdoor too . bought some more sets this evenin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

My local centra are sellin white l.e.d lights box of 240 for €15.99.

anyone know if there are good lights.

Advertisement