Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one -Kinect support for Bf4

Options
  • 26-10-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

So I went looking for more videos of flood zone and stumpled across this, the footage seems to be from gametrailers I think but the narrator is talking about kinect features in bf4.

Now personnally I had no time for the kinect on the 360 and I have no intention (read: cant afford) on picking up either of the next gen consoles.

But I did find it interesting how the kinect is being used judging from the screen grab.

essentially you can set it that when you ADS then kinect will track your head for leaning the view.

+ voice commands

honestly thats not a bad use of the kinect, £100 more on the console value...no not yet, but it did go back to my original feelings on the kinect which was that releasing it as a seperate add on forced developers into trying to make *kinect only* games where I always felt that its better suited to complementing tried and tested game norms which is whats happening here.

Also to be fair I didnt find the leaning mechanic to be most intuitive on the pc, sometimes leaning would activate and sometimes it wont. especially if you run up to a wall well away from the edge and make your way along it, usually it would give the lean prompt when you first reach the wall but cause you are not near the edge it is pretty useless and by the time you reach the edge the lean prompt is gone and you need to back off slightly from the wall and approach it again.

Just something random

Also mods might need to start adding PS4 and Xbox one prefix :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Hopefully it'll be a helpful feature, I didn't find the lean useful in the beta, it looked cool but didn't seem to offer much cover from damage.
    Head tracking to look around without changing course/moving turret when your in vehicles would handy.

I never had any interest in the kinect on 360 either but the technology for 2.0 is very impressive and I'm looking forward to the Forza 5 integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I wonder is that why my zoomed aiming is flicking all over the place.

Hope so, I can disable the feature and go back to proper sniping. I thought it was some sort of buggy auto aim, it was like it was snapping to the target then to bits in the back ground, it was making long range sniping a real trial.

Disabling aim assist made no difference, it would make sense that its a kinect thing.

Advertisement