Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Business studies at UL

Options
  • 26-10-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hiya im currently doing a plc course in business studies and im hoping to continue this at university of limerick

Anyone doing this course can tell me anything about it? whats it like and how much math is recquired? not that good at maths but i know the basics especially statistics.

Im hoping to do marketing afterwards, anyone know the job opportunities afterwards?

Im so confuse and dont know weather to do this course or not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Been there, done that as regards the business course.

Sorry to say that I wasn't a huge fan of it. Some very good modules and lecturers but also a lot of irrelevant crap and, for every genuinely helpful lecturer, there is another who couldn't care less about the students and views the job as a handy way of enhancing their bank account.

There are, or at least there were, maths modules in 1st and 2nd year. There was one God-awful statistics module in 2nd year which was a total waste of time and effort. Hopefully this has since been scrapped from the course.

I chose marketing as my major and, in terms of the course at least, it was a good choice. I found the marketing faculty to be the best of the lot and the marketing course content is useful and hands-on, although it takes a serious amount of work. Sadly job opportunities were hard to come by, although that could be down to timing more than anything. I hope it will have changed for the OP by the time they graduate.

I hope this helps, OP, and I wish I could be a bit more positive about it. Maybe others will offer a different perspective but that's my two cents on it for what it's worth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65159868

Read through that, all the info you need. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Advertisement