Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on modem needed please

Options
  • 26-10-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

hi
    i got the vodafone mobile r206 modem today and its works ok on my laptop that has built in wi fi.

how ever i have a desktop that i would like to use it on but doesnt have wi fi, i just plugged the usb from the modem to my pc but cant get it to work so could anyone help me here:)

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Whe you connnect your modem, it shows up first as "CD ROM drive" in Computer, install the software from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭2pack

Torqay wrote: »
    Whe you connnect your modem, it shows up first as "CD ROM drive" in Computer, install the software from there.

nothing happening when i connect it

When you open Computer/My Computer you should see the Vodafone modem listed as CDROM drive, open it and run setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

your desktop will need a usb wifi adapter

says now hardware is installed and ready for use but cant seem to connect to the internet

i thought you could just plug this dongle and usb connection to the pc and it would work fine

• Advertisement

2pack wrote: »
    says now hardware is installed and ready for use but cant seem to connect to the internet

i thought you could just plug this dongle and usb connection to the pc and it would work fine

You shouldn't see anything, this mobile hotspot installs a USB Network adapter which automatically connects to the internet when plugged into a USB port. You don't need any connection software as you would with the old 3G dongle.

got it to work thanks but having some problems though, im using internet explorer and with sites such as donedeal, ebay and yahoo i get webpage cannot be displayed, also i went to download google chrome and cant as coming back with this message too

Advertisement