Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Trumatic C Boiler

Options
  • 26-10-2013 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All

Looking for a bit of advice as I am having trouble with my Trumatic C Boiler. No problems with the blow heating aspect of the boiler that works fine. It's heating the hot water that I am having problems with. I prime the boiler as per the instructions (turning on the taps on the warm setting and allow for steady stream of water to come from all the taps).

When this is complete I turn on the boiler and wait for the yellow light to go out to indicate that the water is hot. When I turn on the tap the water splutters out as if your priming the boiler again. The water is not hot but the boiler does ignite:confused:

Any suggestion welcome.

Keano:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Are you by any chance loosing water out of the boiler down through the boiler drain. Alot of boilers have an automatic dump mechanism when temp gets cold......prevent frost damage to boiler if water is left in it.
    Not suggesting that it is cold enough for that to happen but perhaps the valve is faulty or leaking??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Malta1 wrote: »
    Are you by any chance loosing water out of the boiler down through the boiler drain. Alot of boilers have an automatic dump mechanism when temp gets cold......prevent frost damage to boiler if water is left in it.
    Not suggesting that it is cold enough for that to happen but perhaps the valve is faulty or leaking??
    I'd say the water is siphoning back into the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Keano96

I think that's what happening, but unsure how. Is there a back flow valve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Keano96 wrote: »
    I think that's what happening, but unsure how. Is there a back flow valve!

There is indeed, or there should be anyhow. Normally close to the pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Keano96

I have managed to sort the problem out, I was told to set the pump on auto and this will constantly keep pressure in the system and it has worked. Thanks to all. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement