Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes 2x€5 voucher offer

Options
  • 26-10-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I did a rather large shop in Dunnes (€171) this evening.I asked the polite checkout lady to break up my trolley into €50 so I could get the best value on the current 2x€5 voucher offer.She said it was "per €50" so there was no need.I was delighted and seen the €15 voucher when she handed me my VERY LONG receipt BUT when I got home I see it is only off my next shopping of €150 or more before Nov 5th.Ill not be spending that amount again so soon as I spent that amount today on longlife stuff because of the offer.Had the lady actually broken up the shopping as Id asked id now have 3x€5 vouchers and Id have a chance of using 1 or 2...should I complain??I feel I was not fully informed at the till..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Absolutely. It seems like a bit of an anomaly alright. Are you saying, had you just spent €50, you would have recieved a voucher for €5 off your next €50 bill, but because you spent €150 you have to spend the same again to redeem the €15 voucher. Sorry if I have this all wrong, I don't usually do the shopping :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That seems to be the offer:

shop-save-offer.jpg

I guess you could tell the manager that your instructions werent followed as you were given the wrong information by the operator. Its true that yo didn't lose out as such but you wanted 3 €50 vouchers and you were promised this but didn't get it.

I have no idea how they wood fix that for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

A number of weeks ago when Dunnes had the 10euro back voucher for a spend of 50euro or more (so even a spend of 150euro would only get a voucher of 10euro), some customers would want to split their shopping into 50euro spends to get extra vouchers, but the staff were told not to allow this. This caused awful problems for the staff with angry customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

There isn't really grounds for complaint. The cashier did supply correct information...you did get 5 euro voucher for each 50, but just all in one. The T&C's probably stated this. It's not the cashier's jobs to know the t&c's of every voucher or coupon, just to know when they can be used and scan them accordingly. It's not really allowed to divide up shopping and they'd probably get in trouble if a pattern was established of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Dunnes Stores for better value.
    The more you spend the less you save :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In fairness, I would consider splitting my shop into €50 segments to get around the offer to be a bit cheeky and not within the terms of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Cheers for the replies guys...
    Working in retail for the last 14 years myself but still doubt my train of thought sometimes in relation to other retailers.My current employer often do similar promo activity with free vouchers but were actually told to do the best we can for our customers and if it involves breaking up sales to get them the best value well thats to be done.We want to keep our customers coming back and if you help them get the best in value hopefully they will.Suppose some retailers like you to THINK they are giving you offers.;)
    Ive decided not to do anything with the €15 instore voucher.I have received €6 off €40 shops with Tesco for the next 3 weeks so will use 1 or 2 of these instead...Maybe Ill learn for the next time..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭brian_t

That might be a bit awkward for some as your lots have to be a little over €50 but not too much over.

I can tell you if I was queued behind somebody with a €171 shop who was messing about trying to devide it in to €50 lots, I'd be looking for the manager to complain about the delay.

• Advertisement

No sweat. It has never happened. Nobody around here is that inconsiderate. ;)

brian_t wrote: »
    That might be a bit awkward for some as your lots have to be a little over €50 but not too much over.

A customer could ask the checkout staff to stop when it reaches 50euro and then pay, and then do the same again. Quick and easy. But the staff may refuse as management told them not to allow this. (Dunnes wants customers to have to spend a large amount again to redeem the voucher) But some staff will do it to avoid customers getting angry with them but if they're seen doing this they'll earn themselves a severe reprimand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

That's the same offer. 10% on 50 so you get a 5 voucher, 10 on 100 etc.

Maybe there's no point in me explaining this as the offer ended today but here it is anyway. The 10% off isn't a new voucher, it's been there from the beginning of the offer for any spends over 200euro as Dunnes felt that another shop of 200euro to redeem a voucher of 20euro was too much to spend again. I think this is better because as Captain Morgan said, this voucher can be used on a smaller shop as long as it's over 50euro. (Some peoples' freezers are bulging by now) Also, if you spend more than 200 again you'll be getting more than 20euro off, but it's capped at 40euro discount for spends over 400euro.
    And remember to check the date on vouchers, the last ones issued are valid until the 9th November.

• Advertisement
Advertisement