Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things SUSI / grants (see links in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Yes you can apply from today, if you are a new applicate, you will need to open up an account with your own password which you would use for future reference, if it is a renewal you use the same login as last year (password) and fill in rewenal form, can't remember what exact date in April last year it opened maybe the dates just vary from year to year

My son went on the susi site to renew his grant application for this year and it is saying they are renovating the site, I presume it has crashed and will be up and running tomorrow hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lee_la

When you set up an account, does it take them a while to send you an email or should I have gotten it straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Lee_la wrote: »
    When you set up an account, does it take them a while to send you an email or should I have gotten it straight away?

Got mine straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Missovoxo

Hi,

I want to re-apply for SUSI for the last year but my mum says she's not going to give me any of her documents to support my application. Is there a way that I can still get the grant?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Missovoxo wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to re-apply for SUSI for the last year but my mum says she's not going to give me any of her documents to support my application. Is there a way that I can still get the grant?

Thanks

How strange. Perhaps approach Social Welfare and other relevant bodies and ask for copies? Or tell them you are estranged?

I don't think I can approach them on her behalf and I'd rather not do things behind her back. I currently live at home so if I were to say that I was estranged they may ask for proof of income and I'm currently not working! I don't know what to do I live off SUSI and without it I don't know what I'll do. I used to work part time and that barely covered my bills!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Missovoxo wrote: »
    I don't think I can approach them on her behalf and I'd rather not do things behind her back. I currently live at home so if I were to say that I was estranged they may ask for proof of income and I'm currently not working! I don't know what to do I live off SUSI and without it I don't know what I'll do. I used to work part time and that barely covered my bills!

What is her reasoning for not giving you the documents? Does she intend funding your fees herself?

spurious wrote: »
    What is her reasoning for not giving you the documents? Does she intend funding your fees herself?

Can I pm you instead?

Of course.. If you like I will delete the last few posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Lisas98

I know you're not supposed to send any documents without being asked to SUSI and I was not asked to submit any. So I assume I don't need to? I'm just worried that they might have forgotten to send me a page of the letter or something.

When I go onto the online tracker there is a tick beside step 1 and 2, but none beside step 3 which is document processing.
    Is this ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Markred123

Got a letter today saying I've been awarded an amount, no request for documents. Does that mean they don't need any? ( Only had Social welfare as parents income )

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

When I got mine last year, I wasn't asked for any documents as well. My parents and I just had to sign the declaration and send it back.

Markred123 wrote: »
    Got a letter today saying I've been awarded an amount, no request for documents. Does that mean they don't need any? ( Only had Social welfare as parents income )

My son was applying for a renewal grant, he received his awarded letter on Tuesday, No requests for documents either, I'm not saying that they will ask but they could request documents later on in the year, but you have been awarded based on what you filled in online, and you have/ or can get documents if needs be to support that if they are requested, then there is no need to worry, Enjoy college

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

I was just wondering, has everyone here already recieved some sort of conformation from SUSI by post?

I completed my application on the day SUSI opened and so far all I have is the first tick on the online tracker saying: "Application recieved and being checked. 12 Apr 2016."

Should I have heard from them by now? When do they look for supporting documents?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Markred123

I was just wondering, has everyone here already recieved some sort of conformation from SUSI by post?

I completed my application on the day SUSI opened and so far all I have is the first tick on the online tracker saying: "Application recieved and being checked. 12 Apr 2016."

Should I have heard from them by now? When do they look for supporting documents?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    I'd say you're fine, you'll probably recieve a letter soon

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

I haven't received any physical (or otherwise) correspondence from SUSI yet. The website tells me that my application has been received, and is being checked. That's all so far.

DA7800 wrote: »
    I haven't received any physical (or otherwise) correspondence from SUSI yet. The website tells me that my application has been received, and is being checked. That's all so far.

We are in the same boat then. That is good to hear :) Personally I am slightly apprehensive about the whole oncoming process.

If previous years are anything to go by, dealing with SUSI is a traumatising ordeal.

I applied the first day it opened. Got a letter about 10 days ago requesting documents. My application just updated this morning saying "Documentation received and queued for Final Assessment"

lumosteph wrote: »
    I applied the first day it opened. Got a letter about 10 days ago requesting documents. My application just updated this morning saying "Documentation received and queued for Final Assessment"

Wow, well that was quick for you. I expect the times may vary depending on the particulars of each individual application.

Unless you also applied as a mature, unemployed and first time student?
    ......if you did, well the curses ta God on SUSI, and all belong to them!

• Advertisement

Wow, well that was quick for you. I expect the times may vary depending on the particulars of each individual application.

Unless you also applied as a mature, unemployed and first time student?
    ......if you did, well the curses ta God on SUSI, and all belong to them!

Nope, not mature! Ah I've probably cursed it now and I'll get another list of documents to send out on Monday. Good luck to you on your SUSI adventure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

When trying to renew my grant I need to create a pin code now, however when I try create it one it says the two pins do not match and then the site keeps crashing and getting html errors, anyone else have this problem?

When trying to renew my grant I need to create a pin code now, however when I try create it one it says the two pins do not match and then the site keeps crashing and getting html errors, anyone else have this problem?

My son renewed his grant as well, when asked for PIN number he didn't remember creating one from last year, he just clicked into forgot PIN number, and they sent one a new one, which he had no problem with, maybe try this, hope it works

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

My son renewed his grant as well, when asked for PIN number he didn't remember creating one from last year, he just clicked into forgot PIN number, and they sent one a new one, which he had no problem with, maybe try this, hope it works

Thats what I have been trying, but when I enter a pin then re-enter to confirm it doesn't work, and I am definitely not making a mistake typing, tryed a couple of times, its a weird one :rolleyes:

My application tracker has just been updated to:

4. Final Assessment

Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment. 12 May 2016.

Does this mean SUSI is, to some degree, satisfied with the documents I have sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

If the eligibility reckoner says you're eligible for a grant does that mean you're going to get one?

koolis02 wrote: »
    If the eligibility reckoner says you're eligible for a grant does that mean you're going to get one?

Did you not read the T&C before you used the eligibility reckoner?

It states within that
    "your use of the eligibility reckoner is not an application for a student grant and it is not an assessment by SUSI of your eligibility for a grant. Your actual eligibility for a student grant can only be determined on the basis of your formal application to SUSI made through the on-line application system and on the formal assessment of your application by SUSI"

Hope that clarifies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Did you not read the T&C before you used the eligibility reckoner?

It states within that
    "your use of the eligibility reckoner is not an application for a student grant and it is not an assessment by SUSI of your eligibility for a grant. Your actual eligibility for a student grant can only be determined on the basis of your formal application to SUSI made through the on-line application system and on the formal assessment of your application by SUSI"

Hope that clarifies :)

I didn't fill out the eligibility reckoner so no, but thanks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

DA7800 wrote: »

I applied first day applications opened...received a letter yesterday requesting documentation to be returned by June 2...fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

Good evening everyone. I have no idea about how this works but I have an inquiry about my eligibility.

I am in Ireland for almost three years in September. I was wondering, can I apply to Susi by then so I would be eligible? I am a Stamp4 holder by basis of reunification with my Naturalised parents. Hope people can help me out. I am hoping to study Architecture in DIT this school year 2016/2017.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement