Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions for a good desktop case?

Options
  • 27-10-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am building a desktop and i was going to buy the http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/prodigy/
    Case but it can't hold the graphics card i chose and certainly not 2 of them.
    It was almost ideal but i cant use it so can you please suggest a good case.
    I would like if it was semi portable like the bitfenix and reasonably small.
    If u think you can help please do.thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Prodigy M will take two graphics cards and is roughly the same size as the Prodigy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

THIS

It's very customizable, lots of space, and you can carry it about with ease - It won't fail you, and it's cheap !

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Well i want to fit this card http://www.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=110125&agid=2447
    And maby 3 years in the Future put in another of the same graphics card.
    Are you sure all that will fit in the bitfenix

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Lolololol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Small form factor and dual cards don't mix too well. It's doable but i'd go for at least atx for 2 cards.

You won't need 2 cards for 1080p ever though. Not unless it's a 120hz monitor. Just upgrade your card whenever it's needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

You need to post a budget, but in the absence of one, and if you don't want a massive case then the corsair 350d looks good

350d_hero_up.png

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

antec 1200 case is a nice meaty one that will easy hold 2 gfx cards
    plenty of fans too to keep it cool along with plenty of space for hdd`s and dvd drives ect
    very nice case its what i currently use the only downside of it is that its quite large and with all the fans going it produces a lot of air flow, although its quite quiet fan wise.
    Antec_1200_install_complete_800w.jpg

this isnt a picture of my case btw just a random one off the internet.
    mine has a water cooled system in it.
    also you cant see the 3 fans fitted to the front of the case on quick release mounts so you can clean their air filters with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The antec 1200 is so dated design wise compared to modern cases. I wouldn't touch it.

Advertisement