Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shane Duffy~ one for the future???????

• 27-10-2013 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭

Isn't this the lad that was at Everton?....seems to have gone off the rails a bit,watching Sky Sports News....he gave away a penalty v Notts forest today with a v lazy challenge....wasn't he tweeting last week that he enjoys a few beers?
    Hardly International future centre half.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Morrison from west ham went of the rails at Man U, has become a new player this year.
    Similar with brady him and duffy have being mentioned as potentials for thr future the past 2 years. This year Brady is proving he could become the top player for Ireland in 2/3 years time where as way Duffy is going will be lucky to make squad even though we are weak defensively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Isn't this the lad that was at Everton?....seems to have gone off the rails a bit,watching Sky Sports News....he gave away a penalty v Notts forest today with a v lazy challenge....wasn't he tweeting last week that he enjoys a few beers?
    It's Nottingham, not Notts. He has improved Yeovil defensively for sure, they've started picking up points in their last few games. And he's very useful going forward at set pieces with his height. Forest had 63% possession & 27 attempts on goal today and still lost. The kid is obviously doing something right. I work with his cousin and according to him, Shane is not in Roberto Martinez' plans, he just wanted to play football. So he was happy when the loan move opportunity arose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

I'm curious to know what exactly you are basing your analysis on. A clip of a tackle and a few Tweets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have seen him a few times for Everton. Not good enough for Everton and will probably make a career in the championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Have seen him a few times for Everton. Not good enough for Everton and will probably make a career in the championship
    What games? When he came into the team during the injury crisis he was their best defender. He stagnated last season, mind you, what with him not getting games, but he's easily good enough to make a career in the EPL and would walk into most Championship sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

DoireNod wrote: »
    What games? When he came into the team during the injury crisis he was their best defender. He stagnated last season, mind you, what with him not getting games, but he's easily good enough to make a career in the EPL and would walk into most Championship sides.

I watch every Everton game including cup games and friendlies. I've seen enough to know he won't make it. Even younger players like John stones have gone past him now. He's 5th choice centre half at Everton and not even a lower prem team will buy him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

eh i dunno wrote: »
    will probably make a career in the championship

That won't hinder his international prospects too much

Advertisement