Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare for dogs

• 27-10-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

My mates sister told me to day that she was getting a social welfare payment of €38 per moth to feed her dog,

this isnt true, is it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

I hope its not, 38 a month is nothing, it should be 38 a week with the price of dog food these days

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I saw a foreign woman trying to get on a bus last week. She had her dog and its kennel with her, but she was struggling to get it on the bus. I offered to help her but she just left it at the bus stop and said the social would buy her a new one.
    True story

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Beaver1 wrote: »
    My mates sister told me to day that she was getting a social welfare payment of €38 per moth to feed her dog,

this isnt true, is it.

I hope its true. Dogs deserve welfare cause they give so much back to humans. Guide dogs , guard dogs, drug detectors, companions......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

I saw a foreign woman trying to get on a bus last week. She had her dog and its kennel with her, but she was struggling to get it on the bus. I offered to help her but she just left it at the bus stop and said the social would buy her a new one.
    True story
    Are you sure it was'nt a buggy?, and a tacsai instead of a bus? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭seanie_c

Beaver1 wrote: »

this isnt true, is it.

I've seen DFA (Dog Food Allowance) application forms in some pet stores.

The following forms of income are exempt from income tax, subject to certain conditions:

• Income from horse breeding and racing greyhounds raised in Ireland.
    • Income from copyright on works defined as having an artistic or cultural value.
    • Shares distributed to an employee by his/her employee according to an approved plan, subject to a limit.
    • Income from forestry works.
    • Rental of room/s in main residence, subject to annual ceiling.
    • Dividend received by a resident Irish company from another Irish company.
    • For individuals, gain from the sale of principal residence.
    • For individuals ,an annual EUR 1,270 tax exemption from capital gain.
    • Certain leasing income of farm land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I hope its true. Dogs deserve welfare cause they give so much back to humans. Guide dogs , guard dogs, drug detectors, companions......

We should give them the vote too while were at it

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

jbkenn wrote: »
    Are you sure it was'nt a buggy?, and a tacsai instead of a bus? :D

It may have been :-)

To be a bit less facetious, i've never heard of this before, and I have an idea that the 38 euro matches the additional payment per week per dependant child or something. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

We should give them the vote too while were at it

We'd probably end up with better govt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this can't be true surely???

you'll have every cute whoor going chancing their arm to get it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Feel free to ask this question in the State Benefits forum, nothing to do with Limerick so I'm locking this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement