Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB wireless adapter

• 27-10-2013 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to change my USB WIFI adapter, I currently have belkin F5D8053 v6 and was wondering what to buy instead, I am looking for an adapter that will give me the fastest possible broadband, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say ignore USB altogether and look at PCI cards or homeplugs or Ethernet if speed is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

Are homeplugs very good? I looked at few of them online and the price difference is huge, any recommendations about which one to choose?

Most of the homeplugs contain one RJ45 port, if I want to use the homeplugs for 2 devices then the best thing I think is to connect the homeplug to a router via RJ45 then connect the devices into the router with RJ45, this way I will have maximum speed, any other recommendations regarding the setup or the material to buy? Thanks on advance.

Advertisement