Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Tree Farms

Options
  • 27-10-2013 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

We put a 10ft Artificial in the Living room and up till 2011 we had an older 7ft artificial in the Dining room.

5287048686_dfd01d80d1_z.jpg

Last year the dining room tree was going up late (by late I mean actually waiting till December to put up the trees :D ) and upon removing it from its box we decided that although it had served us well for many a year, it was looking decidedly worse for wear.

We re-boxed it with the intention of getting a real tree. Circumstances delayed that and we didn't get around to getting a real tree till a week before Christmas (I know, the shame, and we call ourselves lovers of Christmas!!) Obviously the selection was poor by that stage. Despite that we made the best of what we ended up getting and tbh it still looked great and the smell was heavenly.

This year though I want to do the Tree booking thing at a tree farm. ie. Where you head up early, pick the perfect tree, its tagged with your name and you come back up closer to christmas and pay for it and they cut it there and then for you.

Are there still places that do that. I live in Bray. When should one go up to pick the best trees. Late Nov? Early December, earlier than that, later than that??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I can't offer any help but that tree is gorgeous!! And with the snow on the bushes outside...... Filled me with Christmas cheer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Love2love wrote: »
    I can't offer any help but that tree is gorgeous!! And with the snow on the bushes outside...... Filled me with Christmas cheer :P

Ah yes, the magical Christmas of 2010! Walking home from the shops with snow crunching underfoot, looking in all the windows at the trees all the way home with the Home Alone Jingle playing in my Head.....

Will probably never be bested...

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

Calibos wrote: »
    We put a 10ft Artificial in the Living room and up till 2011 we had an older 7ft artificial in the Dining room.

5287048686_dfd01d80d1_z.jpg

Last year the dining room tree was going up late (by late I mean actually waiting till December to put up the trees :D ) and upon removing it from its box we decided that although it had served us well for many a year, it was looking decidedly worse for wear.

We re-boxed it with the intention of getting a real tree. Circumstances delayed that and we didn't get around to getting a real tree till a week before Christmas (I know, the shame, and we call ourselves lovers of Christmas!!) Obviously the selection was poor by that stage. Despite that we made the best of what we ended up getting and tbh it still looked great and the smell was heavenly.

This year though I want to do the Tree booking thing at a tree farm. ie. Where you head up early, pick the perfect tree, its tagged with your name and you come back up closer to christmas and pay for it and they cut it there and then for you.

Are there still places that do that. I live in Bray. When should one go up to pick the best trees. Late Nov? Early December, earlier than that, later than that??

killakee christmas tree farm . its at the foothils of the dublin mountains . went there 2 years ago to select and reserve a christmas tree .

Advertisement