Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas heating issue

Options
  • 27-10-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    We're away in the motorhome at the moment. Had the heating working yesterday, but when I try it now it isn't kicking in. I hold the dial down and click the starter button a few times then release. I see the flame through the inspection hole but 5 seconds later it goes out.
    Im confident we have enough gas, and the rings are working away fine. Is there anything we can look at now, as our trip won't go too well if we've no heating. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

kelbal wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    We're away in the motorhome at the moment. Had the heating working yesterday, but when I try it now it isn't kicking in. I hold the dial down and click the starter button a few times then release. I see the flame through the inspection hole but 5 seconds later it goes out.
    Im confident we have enough gas, and the rings are working away fine. Is there anything we can look at now, as our trip won't go too well if we've no heating. Thanks

You're probably no giving the thermocouple enough time to heat up hold the dial in for longer. If it takes a very long time thermocouple may be dirty/badly adjusted/failig.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

paddyp wrote: »
    You're probably no giving the thermocouple enough time to heat up hold the dial in for longer. If it takes a very long time thermocouple may be dirty/badly adjusted/failig.

Seems to be working fine now, tried holding the dial in for longer, maybe that did it. Thanks for suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Seems to be working fine now, tried holding the dial in for longer, maybe that did it. Thanks for suggestion

By rights they're supposed to be cleaned out every year or so. When was it last serviced?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    By rights they're supposed to be cleaned out every year or so. When was it last serviced?

Haven't had it serviced since I bought it 18 months ago:o

Read the manual, but am a little unsure about what's involved in cleaning it out other than taking off the front casing and hoovering the metal grille behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Haven't had it serviced since I bought it 18 months ago:o

Read the manual, but am a little unsure about what's involved in cleaning it out other than taking off the front casing and hoovering the metal grille behind it.

It won't be in the manual, it's done at the burner end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement