Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Man City Sky Sports 4pm

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

What was Hart thinking!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Every time Souness says "Peter Cech" I die a little inside.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Ticky-tacky Arsenal. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Don't have my rule book with me so i can't tell you the exact rule, but the rule that forbids players from doing the same would be a good start.

So he should get a yellow card? Grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

fullstop wrote: »
    So he should get a yellow card? Grand.

Maybe a bit of respect for your fellow manager would not go a stray. It's a bit early in the season to be going that bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nowso wrote: »
    Nastasic and de michelis are terrible not good enough

Nastasic needed to head the ball he let it bounce then headed it nowhere

What?? :confused:

Both had a very solid game. Nastasic had it covered 100%, Joe should've stayed at his goal. Nastasic was comfortably able to knock it to him, Joe ran into no-mans land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Duck Soup wrote: »

"If you're going to win the league this year you'll have to finish in front of these two" - Graeme Souness

What an insight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lads.....his family was in the section of the crowd he jumped into. What the hell is wrong with you people? Is he not allowed celebrate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Kirby wrote: »
    Lads.....his family was in the section of the crowd he jumped into. What the hell is wrong with you people? Is he not allowed celebrate?

They can celebrate at home with a pizza and a dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He wasn't celebrating with his family though. Probably not a big deal just thought it was a bit over the top and attention seeking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

you'd never see Alex Ferguson doin' that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Draw was the fair result but id take 3points anyway they come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Who got MOTM? Missed that bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

niallo27 wrote: »
    Maybe a bit of respect for your fellow manager would not go a stray. It's a bit early in the season to be going that bonkers.

Come on. It's not like he came up behind him and gouged his eye or anything.

You stay classy Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

niallo27 wrote: »
    He wasn't celebrating with his family though. Probably not a big deal just thought it was a bit over the top and attention seeking.

My reaction was far more over the top and I was in my living room on my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wait, so what happened? Did he not just go up and celebrate with the fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

DazMarz wrote: »
    Who got MOTM? Missed that bit...

Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Hitchens wrote: »
    you'd never see Alex Ferguson doin' that :p

He'd never be able to get in or out of there.

Why does everything have to be so sterile? His Chelsea side have just won the biggest game of the season against, what is likely to be their biggest rivals for the title, in epic circumstances and he celebrated among his family who were among fellow Chelsea supporters.

Instead of chastising Mourinho, I think the amount of praise he deserves for that victory today and for Chelsea's season thus far is absolutely immense. He's quickly raising Chelsea to the next level, where they belong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Why does everything have to be so sterile? His Chelsea side have just won the biggest game of the season against, what is likely to be their biggest rivals for the title, in epic circumstances and he celebrated among his family who were among fellow Chelsea supporters.

Instead of chastising Mourinho, I think the amount of praise he deserves for that victory today and for Chelsea's season thus far is absolutely immense. He's quickly raising Chelsea to the next level, where they belong.

Lol...but would they bear barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

The match winner today in the biggest game of the season so far says otherwise.

The top three clubs in England changed manager this season, they did this due to different reasons and circumstances, two got undoubtedly talented managers who'd overachieved at smaller clubs, one club got the best manager and when you have the best manager, even if you perhaps don't have the best squad on paper or the most experienced squad, you still have a chance. This evening, at Stamford Bridge, with Mourinho I'm amongst the public, his public, this was proper Chelsea, Chelsea as it should be, Chelsea rejuvenated.

Torres, Oscar, Lampard, Ramires, the whole back four, everyone playing together the Mourinho way. The stall has certainly been put out, the marker set and Chelsea are very real title contenders.

Dear god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Like Barca's mind numbing 4 yard passing binges.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Like Barca's mind numbing 4 yard passing binges.

Obviously that's not the same thing, my point was very much in relation to what, at times seems to be, a determination to drive all emotion and spontaneity out of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its a very simple point though. A player will get sanctioned for jumping into the crowd, therefore the manager should be sanctioned also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I think the amount of praise he deserves for that victory today

praise for Hart's rush of blood? :eek:

Dear god.

It's no good typing two words and expecting that to be considered a counter argument of merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He's quickly raising Chelsea to the next level, where they belong.

What gives Chelsea the right to at the top.?

Hitchens wrote: »
    praise for Hart's rush of blood? :eek:

You can say "but it's only a mistake in the 90th minute that won Chelsea game" but what if Torres isn't on the pitch to convert that goal? What if Chelsea's defence aren't organised well enough and they concede before Willian has a chance to clear? What if Chelsea don't create or score any chances in the first half? What if Chelsea fall apart and concede 4 goals against City in the second half?

He deserves praise for making Chelsea entirely competitive and, in my opinion, better in the first half than a side who are considered the best in the league. His system, his absolute conviction that his way, the Mourinho way, is the right way deserves credit, he has absolute faith in his own ability and the kind of charisma, personality and levity to lift a squad beyond its regular limits. Along with Guardiola, this is the best manager in the world and, as a Chelsea fan, there's nobody else I'd rather at the helm.

What gives Chelsea the right to at the top.?

A squad filled with remarkably talented footballers, a squad with real leaders and winners in it, an infrastructure that is state of the art, a growing fanbase, a club fueled by a Russian oligarch with insatiable hunger and driven by the greatest manager in the world, one of the greatest managers that there has ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

A squad filled with remarkably talented footballers, a squad with real leaders and winners in it, an infrastructure that is state of the art, a growing fanbase, a club fueled by a Russian oligarch with insatiable hunger and driven by the greatest manager in the world, one of the greatest managers that there has ever been.

I thought that was Pep? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I thought that was Pep? :rolleyes:

Tough to say which it is so I split it between the two for the sake of not causing a hassle, occasionally you'll see me refer to both as the best manager in the world, however now you will know that I rate both equally as highly. I do think that both are suited to different clubs and obviously their philosophies differ but I rate them on a level beyond all others.

this was proper Chelsea, Chelsea as it should be, Chelsea rejuvenated.

What a load of rubbish. Don't get me wrong. I give as much a toss about Chelsea as I do City, PSG or Anzhi but 'proper Chelsea, Chelsea as it should be' is the single league title in 100 years you had before the Russian.

BS

No team has the right to be at the top.

You earn that right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

BS

You earn that right.

how? what do you have to do?

BS

You earn that right.

Extremely true. You belong wherever your results land you, just ask Leeds.

how? what do you have to do?

You have to be top of the league after 38 games.

Fairly obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Tough to say which it is so I split it between the two for the sake of not causing a hassle, occasionally you'll see me refer to both as the best manager in the world, however now you will know that I rate both equally as highly. I do think that both are suited to different clubs and obviously their philosophies differ but I rate them on a level beyond all others.

Mad that the two teams you support would be strongly associated with the two managers in the world who are on a level beyond all others, isn't it?

gosplan wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish. Don't get me wrong. I give as much a toss about Chelsea as I do City, PSG or Anzhi but 'proper Chelsea, Chelsea as it should be' is the single league title in 100 years you had before the Russian.

However since Abramovich took control over a decade ago the club has been on the same level with Man Utd as the most successful club in England in that period. Most of that success having been built on the squad, principles and philosophy that Mourinho first brought to the club. So yes, proper Chelsea, Chelsea as it should be this most certainly was because that was a vintage big game for Chelsea under Mourinho.

BS

You earn that right.

Obviously, surely that should go without saying? However given everything that I pointed out, the level which Chelsea should be at is where they are approaching now under Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Andersonisgod successfully makes himself the focal point of another match thread....that's the Mourinho way.

Mad that the two teams you support would be strongly associated with the two managers in the world who are on a level beyond all others, isn't it?

Well I can't think of any other manager who is at their level. Of course that is merely my opinion, if you disagree then by all means highlight some names, argue a case for them. Unfortunately I must warn you that I wont be convinced, I fear that you will not be convinced either, therefore such an argument would be entirely pointless and would perhaps be better off not being had?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Andersonisgod successfully makes himself the focal point of another match thread....that's the Mourinho way.

I didn't quote my own posts and post two, three or four word responses to them, others did, I merely responded.

Obviously, surely that should go without saying? However given everything that I pointed out, the level which Chelsea should be at is where they are approaching now under Mourinho.

I presume you mean champions?

Whoever wins the league will have deserved it be it Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City or whoever.

Nobody has a right to be top.

However since Abramovich took control over a decade ago the club has been on the same level with Man Utd as the most successful club in England in that period. Most of that success having been built on the squad, principles and philosophy that Mourinho first brought to the club. So yes, proper Chelsea, Chelsea as it should be this most certainly was because that was a vintage big game for Chelsea under Mourinho.

So proper Chelsea has only played 60 something home league games.

Yes, I see.

I presume you mean champions?

Whoever wins the league will have deserved it be it Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City or whoever.

Nobody has a right to be top.

I don't, I actually mean being real, viable title contenders which, for the last couple of seasons, I don't think the club were. Do I think Chelsea will win the league this season? Yes, I do. Do I think they will have to earn the right to be champions? Yes I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭tigger123

Great win today, thought the game was very very tight. Would have taken a draw before hand but delighted with the three points! :)

I don't, I actually mean being real, viable title contenders which, for the last couple of seasons, I don't think the club were. Do I think Chelsea will win the league this season? Yes, I do. Do I think they will have to earn the right to be champions? Yes I do.

Thats fair enough then. Dont agree on the right to be there but see what you mean otherwise.

I do think Chelsea will be right there myself. Think today was a win they needed.

So proper Chelsea has only played 60 something home league games.

Yes, I see.

Obviously not as, post Mourinho, there were some stirring performances, however I'd argue that Mourinho's first reign and maybe the season and a half after his departure were Chelsea in their pomp and after that the standards slipped somewhat, suddenly those standards are being raised again.

Obviously not as, post Mourinho, there were some stirring performances, however I'd argue that Mourinho's first reign and maybe the season and a half after his departure were Chelsea in their pomp and after that the standards slipped somewhat, suddenly those standards are being raised again.

Do you not think it's a bit rediculous to say that there is a 'proper' image of Chelsea that conveniently involves the time after the spent half a billion rocketing the club to the top.

Could we not fill half a division with equally justified claims to belong at the top?

City, Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal etc ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Why are people slating Jose for celebrating with the fans?

Seriously.

What's wrong with showing some passion and celebrating with the people who pay your wages? Don't see enough of it imo.

Do you not think it's a bit rediculous to say that there is a 'proper' image of Chelsea that conveniently involves the time after the spent half a billion rocketing the club to the top.

Could we not fill half a division with equally justified claims to belong at the top?

City, Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, Arsenal etc ...

To be honest if you want to make claims for a dozen clubs right to be at the top of the league then by all means do, I can assure you I wont stop you. My point, as I said a bit earlier is simple, with the quality of the squad at Chelsea this season, with the top class infrastructure of the club, with the backing of the powerful owner, a growing fanbase and being led by the best manager in the world I don't see why this club can't be at the top. I am not saying "Chelsea are great so give the title to Chelsea now" obviously the title is earned, any club that wins the league will have to earn it, I am saying that Chelsea have the resources to make them entirely capable of winning the league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement