Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Man City Sky Sports 4pm

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

gosplan wrote: »
    The funniest thing is backing this notion that Chelsea's 'proper' place or where Chelsea naturally should be is at the top.

Never has a club owed it's success more to one single person and if Roman left and Chelsea got some crazy owner who wanted to say, stop making a loss, you'd find that they'd drop back rather quickly to occupy a place alongside Newcastle ... only with far worse attendances.

No club has a right or claim to a place that is not earned on the pitch. That's what's so good.

But Christ, if you're going to argue that, there's a lot if clubs that have far better claims than Chelsea.

Between that and comparing Chelsea's youth academy to Barca's, I think this poster does not have realistic opinions at all.

That's it in a nutshell tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

batistuta9 wrote: »
    so you like two polar opposite philosophies/approaches basically, coincidently they're undertaken by two of the most successful clubs in their respectful countries over recent years

you buy into one or the other surely? or you 'appreciate' both, whenever it suits

Actually I've been a Chelsea fan from childhood, with my first memories of football being the 1999-2000 Chelsea side. Like most Irish kids they generally tend to support an English team, my love of Barcelona started somewhat later but that was based more on the principles that the club stands for, so the difference is support is the contrast between boyhood club and the ideology of a club, which I could only really understand when I got a bit older, obviously.

So yes, I do love both clubs, in different ways, for different reasons and yes I can appreciate both philosophies and ideologies because I am not close-minded.

gosplan wrote: »
    The funniest thing is backing this notion that Chelsea's 'proper' place or where Chelsea naturally should be is at the top.

Never has a club owed it's success more to one single person and if Roman left and Chelsea got some crazy owner who wanted to say, stop making a loss, you'd find that they'd drop back rather quickly to occupy a place alongside Newcastle ... only with far worse attendances.

No club has a right or claim to a place that is not earned on the pitch. That's what's so good.

But Christ, if you're going to argue that, there's a lot if clubs that have far better claims than Chelsea.

Between that and comparing Chelsea's youth academy to Barca's, I think this poster does not have realistic opinions at all.

So this is an example of ignoring an explanation. I've already explained my "right" claim to Kew, but for the sak of clarity I will do it again.

My "right" claim is based on the remarkably talented squad at Chelsea at the moment, a squad which if all is well has the ability to be at the very top of the league, the top class infrastructure of the club, the growing fanbase, the incredibly spending and passionate leadership of the owner and all of that being guided by the best manager in the world, one of the greatest managers in football history. I am not saying that Chelsea should be handed the league every season before a ball is kicked I am saying that with all of the resources that I have just listed at the clubs disposal that it should be competing at the top of the league, obviously that has to be earned by winning games. Such a simple thing really shouldn't require such explanation but alas.....

kryogen wrote: »
    Is the bolded part a joke? I really hope it is

As for you pushing his eye poke under the carpet now that he is Chelsea manager again and the rest of your shtick, I expect nothing less :)

I can assure you it isn't. In my opinion there has never been a group of players the like of which you listed, 1 World Cup, 2 European Championships (all for a country notorious for underachieving on the biggest stage) 2 Champions Leagues, 4 La Liga titles, 2 World Club Championships, 2 Copa Del Rey's, 2 Uefa Super Cups and all in a unique style which has changed football forever. So yes I do firmly believe that this is a Barcelona team of artists, crafted, honed and perfected at La Masia. And yes, I do also believe this Barcelona group to be the greatest team ever, I've never made a secret of that.

Ferguson kicked a boot at Beckham, it hit him just above the eye, a few inches lower and maybe he would be blind, I'd argue that that is just as dangerous as Mourinho poking Tito in the eye. Yes it was a terrible thing to do, yes I was far from impressed by it, nobody can condone it and I wouldn't want to condone it, however I will forgive him, for I am kind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement