Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The word p.i.c. disappearing

Options
  • 27-10-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I am using a Dell pc, and using Google Chrome, but if I type the word p.i.c. (without the full stops), the word disappears, it just did it here in the title. I can type the word picture, but if I type p.i.c. and hit the space bar after it, it vanishes. I also can't type it with a full stop or comma after it, again, it disappears.

Any help with why this happens, and how to get around it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

I use the word pic sometimes and don't have a problem, lets see if it posts OK - using google chrome. Its not a problem with your custom dictionary is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Sorry, I'm really not that computer literate, where would I find the custom dictionary?

I think it may have something to do with a program I have installed, FastFox. Just uninstalling that, and will see if it fixes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

muddypaws wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm really not that computer literate, where would I find the custom dictionary?

Don't think it is the problem but just right click on a highlighted word and you'll get the Spell Checker options on the menu.

Thanks The Glass key, it was the Fastfox program, I've uninstalled and rebooted, and can now post the word pic to my heart's content. Odd. I only realised as I tried typing it in Word, and the image of the program came up instead.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement