Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help deciding on new laptop!

• 27-10-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new laptop as my current one an Acer Aspire is fried, battery,keyboard etc. I need the new one to be higher spec as I spend more time playing games on my laptop than Xbox or PS3, don't need it to run huge games like crisis mainly Star Trek online , older stuff like Armada and the football manager series.

I want to run them games on high graphic settings so I need something good with at least 8gb of ram. I've been looking around trying to find something that ticks all my boxes and am struggling, don't mind windows 8 but would prefer 7 and a non touch screen.

Dell have the new inspiron 15 7000 R starting at €700 which looks good but people have said graphics card can fail quickly. I like the laptop though nice backlit keyboard etc. Anyone have one or looking at one as well?

They also have the Alienware 14 starting at €1099 with good spec for what i want but I dunno if i can justify the €400 gap between that and the inspiron.

Help appreciated, Budget is max €1100 would prefer €800.

Thanks

Advertisement