Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

download

Options
  • 27-10-2013 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

when i download XBMC i keep getting message ..error unable to create GUI exiting .and it wont open anyone know what's wrong is it me or my desktop .I am using windows 7.. 32bit:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Update your graphics drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

Torqay wrote: »
    Update your graphics drivers.
    How

Make/model of your graphics card? (check the device manager under display adapters)

Make/model of your graphics card? (check the device manager under display adapters)
    my computer is compaq presario ..the only thing i can see is ...standard vga graphics adapter...device id 1039-6330 .Dont know if that any help 'when i upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 i have had a lot of trouble mainly... sound and internet connection now i have to use a dongle to get internet

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

tony melia wrote: »
    my computer is compaq presario ..the only thing i can see is ...standard vga graphics adapter...device id 1039-6330 .Dont know if that any help 'when i upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 i have had a lot of trouble mainly... sound and internet connection now i have to use a dongle to get internet

Those would be driver issues. You must update all your drivers when you do a Windows re-install without the original media. Being honest though that video card you have points to a sis 650 video card which I think is very old (early '00s). I'm not sure you'll find a driver for anything newer than XP for it.
    Let us know the network adapters hardware id as well if you want us to try and find a working driver for it, but I imagine the computer is possibly just too old to be of any use these days unfortunately

Nick

• Advertisement

Presario is a broad range of computers, would you have the exact model number?

You'll need the sound driver, the network driver and indeed the graphics driver.

The graphics card according to the device ID would be a SIS 761 (S3 Mirage?), you can download the driver from SIS. But don't have your hopes too high, those SIS graphics are cr@p and not listed among the devices supported with XBMC.

Presario is a broad range of computers, would you have the exact model number?

You'll need the sound driver, the network driver and indeed the graphics driver.

The graphics card according to the device ID would be a SIS 761 (S3 Mirage?), you can download the driver from SIS. But don't have your hopes too high, those SIS graphics are cr@p and not listed among the devices supported with XBMC.
    All i can see is sr1229 uk gb446 and pn116aa-abu can you make sense of this

thanks

Sweet Jesus, this computer is ancient. ;)

The Compaq Presario SR1229UK is from 2004. HP only offers drivers for Windows XP. You'll have to locate Windows 7 drivers from the part manufacturers but I'm not sure if it can run Windows 7 properly at all, let alone XBMC. There's just so many bottlenecks in that computer (single core AMD 3000+, DDR1 memory, SIS graphics).

Seriously, you wouldn't get more than 30 yoyos for it on Adverts.ie, I've seen Core 2 Duo desktops being sold there for €80 and they'd be running circles around this old clunker.

Sweet Jesus, this computer is ancient. ;)

The Compaq Presario SR1229UK is from 2004. HP only offers drivers for Windows XP. You'll have to locate Windows 7 drivers from the part manufacturers but I'm not sure if it can run Windows 7 properly at all, let alone XBMC. There's just so many bottlenecks in that computer (single core AMD 3000+, DDR1 memory, SIS graphics).

Seriously, you wouldn't get more than 30 yoyos for it on Adverts.ie, I've seen Core 2 Duo desktops being sold there for €80 and they'd be running circles around this old clunker.
    Your right i bought this about 10 yrs ago in pc world' would you believe i paid €1000 for it 'it has served me well .I think it's time to upgrade 'but for what i use it for dont know whether at my age it's worth my while .Thanks a lot for all your help..grateful

Tony

Advertisement