Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Tour- Dublin

• 27-10-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

Hey, lads, I was just wondering what the deal is with the Xbox One Tour hitting Dublin. After a spot of googling all the solid info I seem to be able to find is a burb which is reprinted on most sites I've visited, stating the dates that it'll be in each city (Novemebr 14th-17th for Dublin) and a list of games that will be present at the show. I can't find anywhere that says wherabouts it's actually going to be held though, or who (if anyone) will be at it. The most I've gotten is a page which claimed there was not set venue as of yet, but that page was dated as the start of this month, so I'd imagine somewhere must be secured at this stage.

Does anyone have any solid information on this event?

Apoligies if there's already a thread for this, I didn't see one on the first few pages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I just got an E-Mail from xbox .

Its Says it is in

The Ambassador Theatre
    O’Connell Street
    Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

I just got an email from Microsoft today with the details and I've applied for the ticket ballot.

This is what the email said:
    Nutmeg, get your name on the Very Important Player guest list by signing up below and be one of the first to get their hands on the Xbox One. Try out the new and improved Xbox One controller and its impressive Impulse Triggers. We'll have a cutting-edge line-up of games to have a go on, including Forza Motorsport 5, EA Sports FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3 and many more.

Don't miss out - get your hands on the Xbox One before anyone else.

When are you invited?
    The tour runs from 14th November - 17th November.

What do you need to do?
    This event is on invitation only basis and the amount of spaces we have available is limited. So please:
    -Register via the link below before Wednesday 6th November, 23.59
    -Wait for the email that confirms if you made it through the ballot
    -Bring a copy of the confirmation email and proof* that you are 18 years or older
    -Join us at Area One where you and your friends can paint the town green

Where is the event?

Dublin

The Ambassador Theatre
    O’Connell Street
    Dublin 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Yeah, emails are going out now, you pick what time you want to go on whatever day you pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Yeah, you get to apply for 3 sessions over the few days that would suit you the best, most of which are 4 hours long and if you're selected you'll get tickets to one of the sessions you applied for.

When I was applying, it looked like the evening session on Friday Nov 15th was already full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I was tempted to sign up for one of these sessions
    but I'd rather be surprized on the day :) would gladly take on to any reviews any of you have after you guys come back :) have heard nothing but great things from forza and dead rising 3 , apart from the start loading times which take about 30-60 seconds but practically no loading times after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

How do you sign up/register lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Did these emails just come because you're an Xbox Live member? I don't seem to have one in my inbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Will this event be worth going to?
    Likely to be any freebies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

murpho999 wrote: »
    Will this event be worth going to?
    Likely to be any freebies?
    They'll give you a tshirt and permission to buy an xboxone.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I got the email and I accidentally said no to if I was brining a +1, so I redid it. Hopefully the right one gets picked

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Link for those that didn't get the email:

http://area1-en.xboxonetour.com/

Deadly stuff, man. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

That was quick, just got my acceptance email, roll on the 16th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just signed up there. Cheers for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Got the confirmation email there for the invitation. Interestingly it doesn't mention the +1 on it, which I did apply for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ronan wrote: »
    Got the confirmation email there for the invitation. Interestingly it doesn't mention the +1 on it, which I did apply for.

Same as me, got the invite but no mention of +1.

Really wondering what to expect from this, have a feeling it'll just be like an old fashioned arcade set up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got the confirmation as well, and not mention of the +1 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keifer browne

I got selected and confirmation email and then when i got the barcode and scanned it to verify the ticket then it asked me for email address and password i never gave a password when signing up for it has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I think the barcode is for them to scan when you show up, all you need to do is print that email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm going but I put my son down as my plus one. He's not 18 yet but would pass for it. I don't need id cos I'm middle aged haha. I just wonder are they going to be complete Nazis over his age. Obviously this would be a big thing for him, not really me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm going but I put my son down as my plus one. He's not 18 yet but would pass for it. I don't need id cos I'm middle aged haha. I just wonder are they going to be complete Nazis over his age. Obviously this would be a big thing for him, not really me.

The prize is one (1) ticket to the Xbox One Tour session only. Winners will be responsible for travel to and from the Xbox One Tour and for all food, drinks, accommodation and expenses. You must bring your e-ticket and proof of identity (your valid passport, EU driving licence or government-issued ID showing your name and age) to the Xbox One Tour session. If you are bringing a friend with you they must be 16 years old or older and must bring proof of age (valid passport, EU driving licence or government-issued ID showing your name and age). If you don’t, you and your friend may be refused entry.

On the application page

You can select up to three sessions. This event is strictly over 18s only. Please do not register if you are under the age of 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 LegoG321

I got my ticket!!...thought it has no mention of a +1 either so hopefully it still works:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭emo72

Gatling wrote: »
    The prize is one (1) ticket to the Xbox One Tour session only. Winners will be responsible for travel to and from the Xbox One Tour and for all food, drinks, accommodation and expenses. You must bring your e-ticket and proof of identity (your valid passport, EU driving licence or government-issued ID showing your name and age) to the Xbox One Tour session. If you are bringing a friend with you they must be 16 years old or older and must bring proof of age (valid passport, EU driving licence or government-issued ID showing your name and age). If you don’t, you and your friend may be refused entry.

On the application page

You can select up to three sessions. This event is strictly over 18s only. Please do not register if you are under the age of 18

So conflicting information.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Got my invite no mention of the plus one that i put down, if i do go coming from mayo 3 hour drive then 4 hours at the tour do i stay in a hotel or drive home pricey either way. Any idea if its really worth going to don`t wanna land up there with the girlfriend and for here to be turned away at the door would be in the dog house for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd say its an 18's event especially if there asking for government recognised id

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Got myen for the 17th nice.

From Xbox? Who'd have thunk it? :pac:

Got my ticket sorted, so happy days. Fair play to the guy who shared the link I'm looking forward to checking out Killer Instinct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

yeah I got the mail, hopefully they have some next gen FPS's to play, wanna see how different they play on the xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Got my ticket today for the 14th.....happy days.......now wether to bring the missus or not:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Got my confirmation email aswell but no mention of my plus one, I'm actually questioning myself now.... Did I click plus one.. Any idea how we can confirm the plus one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

Advertisement