Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Tour- Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Got my confirmation yesterday was in my spam folder lol.... gmail hating on microsoft haha.... yeah no mention of a +1 on the ticket itself.... I'msure its embedded in the qr code somewhere

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Got my ticket this morning, would be great if they had some freebies for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Here's a video I found about the event in Philadelphia so you know what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

murpho999 wrote: »
    Here's a video I found about the event in Philadelphia so you know what to expect.

So much for over 18's only. Good few kids at that event in philly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

syboit wrote: »
    So much for over 18's only. Good few kids at that event in philly.

Might have something to with the venue more than anything or insurance issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Got my confirmation yesterday was in my spam folder lol.... gmail hating on microsoft haha.... yeah no mention of a +1 on the ticket itself.... I'msure its embedded in the qr code somewhere

Cheers, mine was in my spam folder too, wouldn't have thought to look there.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Just signed up, fingers crossed I get in :O All the times were crossed out on my 360's browser when I signed up, hope it doesn't mean they're full 'cos it let me enter anyway.

EDIT: One hour later they've emailed me a ticket. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Does the ticket get emailed out straight away. I accepted an invite tuesday but still havent got a ticket or will it get emailed closer to the event

Does the ticket get emailed out straight away. I accepted an invite tuesday but still havent got a ticket or will it get emailed closer to the event

Check your spam folder, you should get the ticket with a QR on it straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Check your spam folder, you should get the ticket with a QR on it straight away

Nope, the link i went to accept now just says "You have accepted this invitation and your ticket has been emailed to you" Ah well, it might show up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just got my confirmation-Sat Nov 16th-10am!!

Hello zombies my old friends

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Got my e-ticket emailed to me, do I print it out or what ?

I think its an e-ticket for a reason, as long as you have it on your smartphone it should be fine id say

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

My ticket was in the Spam folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i signed up yesterday afternoon. still nothing :( checked spam folder too

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

Nope, the link i went to accept now just says "You have accepted this invitation and your ticket has been emailed to you" Ah well, it might show up :pac:

if your checking your email with a smartphone sometimes the email dosen't display , try checking your account with a pc or laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

havent received anthing yet either

srumball wrote: »
    havent received anthing yet either

when did you apply? still nothing for me -_-

MarkY91 wrote: »
    when did you apply? still nothing for me -_-

Applied on Thursday, so did my mate

Applied on Thursday, so did my mate

i applied thursday too. hopefully theyre just not working on weekends

• Advertisement

got it this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

got mine as well...down in Limerick so wondering if it's worth my while driving up.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has anyone emailed them about asking about the +1s?

I'd say if you clicked the I am bringing a plus 1 box it is embedded into your QR code so dont worry

got mine today too. i got 1 or 2 spare invitations so anyone who wants them just PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'd say if you clicked the I am bringing a plus 1 box it is embedded into your QR code so dont worry

From the FAQ
    Can I bring a friend?
    Yes, you can bring one friend if you selected this when registering for the event. Your friend has to be 18 years or older and must bring photo identification (valid passport, EU driving licence or government issued ID card showing his/her name and age) as proof of age. You cannot bring more than one friend.

It better work, because I stupidly picked the wrong day, so will be tagging along as a +1.

mcgovern wrote: »
    From the FAQ

It better work, because I stupidly picked the wrong day, so will be tagging along as a +1.

I'm sure it will mate, once you ticked the box your entry would have been on a database with all that info attached and then converted to their QR code for scanning.... Well I hope anyway. The missus got one herself anyway, so a nice date night lined up for the 16th

any chance of my 14 year old cousin tagging along with me? i know its over 18s but videos of the other city tours had a few kids playing the games.

he would love to go

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

any chance of my 14 year old cousin tagging along with me? i know its over 18s but videos of the other city tours had a few kids playing the games.

he would love to go

Wouldn't imagine anyone here will have a definitive answer for you. I'd play on the side of caution though as per the quote above from Xbox themselves.

As for under 18's at the other events, it may be taken on a case by case situation depending on the venue. i.e the venue in Philly might have been happy for under 18's and maybe the ambassador don't want them. Or could be insurance, who knows.

Kevvv wrote: »
    Wouldn't imagine anyone here will have a definitive answer for you. I'd play on the side of caution though as per the quote above from Xbox themselves.

As for under 18's at the other events, it may be taken on a case by case situation depending on the venue. i.e the venue in Philly might have been happy for under 18's and maybe the ambassador don't want them. Or could be insurance, who knows.

yeah youre right. its not worth the risk. i feel bad as i kinda got his hopes up lol :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

yeah youre right. its not worth the risk. i feel bad as i kinda got his hopes up lol :o

I think from the FAQ on the Xbox one tour site it says that they will look for photo ID for everyone attending (Drivers Licence, Passport, etc.) probably not worth the risk.

Shame though - other venues seem yo have the place divided into Family (FIFA, Forza, Zoo Tycoon, etc.) and Over 18 (Dead Rising, Ryse, Killer Instinct, etc.) areas.

Maybe they couldn't do that in The Ambassador because of the size, so it's a blanket over-18's event.

Advertisement