Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Tour- Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

So does anyone know if there'll be anyone of interest at this gig? The likes of Phil Spencer, or some game devs perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

deathrider wrote: »
    So does anyone know if there'll be anyone of interest at this gig? The likes of Phil Spencer, or some game devs perhaps?

Probably not. I'd say that there may be someone from Microsoft Ireland at a push.

Probably not. I'd say that there may be someone from Microsoft Ireland at a push.

That's pretty much what I was expecting alright. At the same time, I was kinda hoping a few of the lads behinds Killer Instinct would be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wombleer

Hey folks,

was at the tour in london and was a bit underwhelmed to tell ya the truth. the games are all demos and although it was great to play with the new pad and see the system first hand there wasn't that much choice. games present on the day: Forza (demo, one lap race ) , Ryse , Killer Instinct (demo) , Dead Rising 3 (demo) , FIFA (demo), Battlefield, Kinect sports rivals, zoo manager.

you do get to play them without too much hassle or waiting but it gets a bit annoying when the demo ends. Battlefield is where you will wait the most to have a turn.

there are no freebies and i didn't see anyone of interest.

there is the 18+ area, with minimum age set at 16. so if you do take someone under 18 they will only have fifa, forza and kinect to play on.

it was ok but i was expecting a bit more info and a bit of an event to promote it more. They might have more games in dublin but I had a 12-5 time slot and loads of people had left after a couple of hours. GAME were present to take pre-orders if you wanted to make one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

wombleer wrote: »
    Hey folks,

was at the tour in london and was a bit underwhelmed to tell ya the truth. the games are all demos and although it was great to play with the new pad and see the system first hand there wasn't that much choice. games present on the day: Forza (demo, one lap race ) , Ryse , Killer Instinct (demo) , Dead Rising 3 (demo) , FIFA (demo), Battlefield, Kinect sports rivals, zoo manager.

you do get to play them without too much hassle or waiting but it gets a bit annoying when the demo ends. Battlefield is where you will wait the most to have a turn.

there is the 18+ area, with minimum age set at 16.

As it stands the Dublin event is strictly 18s +

Demo's I'd be happy with mainly forza , and battlefield will be my main choice to play ,
    Looking forward to a child free zone actually always hated having to wait to try an instore console stuck behind a bunch of 4- 10 year olds who had no actual interest in what they were playing on or game ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hey folks,

there is the 18+ area, with minimum age set at 16. so if you do take someone under 18 they will only have fifa, forza and kinect to play on.

it was ok but i was expecting a bit more info and a bit of an event to promote it more. They might have more games in dublin but I had a 12-5 time slot and loads of people had left after a couple of hours. GAME were present to take pre-orders if you wanted to make one.

I'm going to echo this. I was there at Shoreditch tonight. It was pish poor. I hope the final joypad is better than what I played with earlier because I'd have several issues. I've been converted from a potential buyer to a we'll see what happens in a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

theteal wrote: »
    I'm going to echo this. I was there at Shoreditch tonight. It was pish poor. I hope the final joypad is better than what I played with earlier because I'd have several issues. I've been converted from a potential buyer to a we'll see what happens in a couple of years.

Don't be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Don't be silly.

Yeah thats the final controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

18 +

I'd love if they had bouncers there and all.

"So you think you're going to play battlefield do ye?" "ID please" "Have you been gaming today?" "Sorry, not tonight" (Lets underage tart straight through in the process)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ok thanks for the +1 confirmation. Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Hey folks,

Damn, no freebies!! I was hoping they'd at least give out a few lanyards or competitions or something.

Probably won't even bother going now. I'm still more than happy with current, sensibly priced generation.

Don't be silly.
    srumball wrote: »
    Yeah thats the final controller

I know it's the final controller design, they just didn't have a premium feel. 2 out of the 5 I played with were not solid and creaking could be noticed. I'm not a fan of the new thumbstick surface either, there's a raised circular bit that isn't as rubbery as the old controller, my thumb slipped off several times, I don't know why they've changed it.

Apart from BF4, the games were very meh. It was a disappointment overall which is a shame as I was a bit excited going in to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I know it's the final controller design, they just didn't have a premium feel. 2 out of the 5 I played with were not solid and creaking could be noticed. I'm not a fan of the new thumbstick surface either, there's a raised circular bit that isn't as rubbery as the old controller, my thumb slipped off several times, I don't know why they've changed it.

Apart from BF4, the games were very meh. It was a disappointment overall which is a shame as I was a bit excited going in to it.

WD40 will sort that out.

Disappointed to hear that Killer Instinct is just a demo. I'm guessing that means that only Jago will be playable. Were there any more characters present? Was it playable in two-player. Be an awful waste if it wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I'd like to see an Xbox One hooked up to a UPC box just to exactly how it's going to work with that. Or even a Sky box. Just so we know what we're getting.

deathrider wrote: »
    Disappointed to hear that Killer Instinct is just a demo. I'm guessing that means that only Jago will be playable. Were there any more characters present? Was it playable in two-player. Be an awful waste if it wasn't.

nope there's several characters playable. My mate picked the blue wolf-guy

nope there's several characters playable. My mate picked the blue wolf-guy

Cool. I'm glad to great that.

JoePie wrote: »
    I'd like to see an Xbox One hooked up to a UPC box just to exactly how it's going to work with that. Or even a Sky box. Just so we know what we're getting.

I thought there would be more info about how the extra features would work. but only thing that was there was a info session about how the kinect works! so don't expect too much from this tour but a quick round on BF4 and a couple of games of Fifa.

not even a free keyring in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doc1881

Got my confirmation email for the 17th but not an actual ticket, do I just need to bring a print off of that confirmation?

JoePie wrote: »

I dont think this is supported here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you can hook it up via HDMI, you might get some basic functions, but all the fancy 'OneGuide' stuff definitely won't work at launch.

Doc1881 wrote: »
    Got my confirmation email for the 17th but not an actual ticket, do I just need to bring a print off of that confirmation?

Make sure you have confirmed this and you should receive an e-ticket with a QR barcode to scan. That is your ticket. You can bring that or have it on some device ready to be scanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never going to be able to fully commit to any kind of digital ticket system, even when I do use them I have the print out in my pocket just in case.

Do all tickets allow 2 people, I selected that when applying but there's no mention of it on the order confirmation or the ticket itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Varik wrote: »
    Never going to be able to fully commit to any kind of digital ticket system, even when I do use them I have the print out in my pocket just in case.

Do all tickets allow 2 people, I selected that when applying but there's no mention of it on the order confirmation or the ticket itself.
    Quick note for everyone attending the Area One event in Dublin this week: if you requested a plus one when you registered then you are free to bring someone with you. This may not be mentioned on your confirmation, but we have the details on our system. Thanks!
    That was posted on Xbox IE's facebook earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I think my ticket went into my junk and then got deleted before I could print it... anyone have any ideas to get it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

srumball wrote: »
    I dont think this is supported here
    If you can hook it up via HDMI, you might get some basic functions, but all the fancy 'OneGuide' stuff definitely won't work at launch.

Yeah, all the OneGuide stuff won't work until next year in the UK, so I would presume here around the same time as well. Just interested to see if the passthrough stuff works in any capacity at the moment.

If I don't bother going to the roadshow, I'll find out a few days later anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Got the confirmation email today's tickets downloaded. Remember ye only have 24hrs from recieving the email to accept the tickets. When applying I had done a +1 so assuming that's still the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

So who's going today? I'm gonna head down around 1 and see if there's a queue.

Not going until Saturday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So who's going today? I'm gonna head down around 1 and see if there's a queue.

Let us know what it's like, I've got tickets for saturday but I'm still on the fence about going

Advertisement