Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Tour- Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Saturday morning for me. Will probably go see Gravity afterwards as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

If anyone has any spare tickets going around for today/tomorrow I'd be very greattul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ASOT wrote: »
    If anyone has any spare tickets going around for today/tomorrow I'd be very greattul!

Just sent you a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Can I give my tickets to family or friends?
    No. Tickets are non-transferable and not for resale. Tickets cannot be used by anyone other than the winner. All ticket holders will be asked to bring photo identification (as detailed above).

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Nolars wrote: »
    Can I give my tickets to family or friends?
    No. Tickets are non-transferable and not for resale. Tickets cannot be used by anyone other than the winner. All ticket holders will be asked to bring photo identification (as detailed above).

Looks like I am the only clown in a suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im going tomorrow. would like to know how it went for the guys today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

MarkY91 wrote: »
    im going tomorrow. would like to know how it went for the guys today

Yeah any info from today would be great. Pics as well if possible :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Did anyone go in yet? I think there was a session from 2-6.

Will be heading to the one later. Just to get my Xbox one Fix before next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Also heading into tonight, looking forward to seeing Killer Instinct as I was a huge fan of the original on the SNES.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Loads of Xbox Ones all the main games there loads of time to play everything. Seriously checking ages and invites at the same time. Plenty of security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I went to it, plenty on consoles/games to try it out. The joypad seemed pretty crap. It is very difficult to press the bumper buttons, bf4 was really buggy also. I enjoyed dead rising 3 and fifas new engine was pretty good, made the game alot more enjoyable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I have a ticket for 10am Sunday I'll not be using if someone wants it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

footage of the tour was just on the rte news. looks like a decent setup. did any of you get interviewed on tv :P?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What's it like fore queues, lads? Will you be waiting all day to get a go of any of the games?

deathrider wrote: »
    What's it like fore queues, lads? Will you be waiting all day to get a go of any of the games?
    everything flows pretty well, no long wait and you'll get a go pretty quickly.

the machines are dev kits running a build from October.

everything flows pretty well, no long wait and you'll get a go pretty quickly.

the machines are dev kits running a build from October.

That's cool then. I don't fancy waiting all day for a two minute go of anything.

deathrider wrote: »
    That's cool then. I don't fancy waiting all day for a two minute go of anything.

there are about 6-8 machines each for the big ones - Fifa, KI, CoD, Battlefield, Forza, Dead Rising and Ryse.

Two each for Peggle, LocoCycle, Zoo Tycoon, Kinect Sports and Just Dance.

The lads help the queues move along so you don't feel rushed when playing and you also didn't wait long to get on.

I'll put up first impressions of the games tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wait is there no Titanfall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Varik wrote: »

It's not finished and not due out till March.

there are about 6-8 machines each for the big ones - Fifa, KI, CoD, Battlefield, Forza, Dead Rising and Ryse.

Two each for Peggle, LocoCycle, Zoo Tycoon, Kinect Sports and Just Dance.

The lads help the queues move along so you don't feel rushed when playing and you also didn't wait long to get on.

I'll put up first impressions of the games tomorrow.

Can you re-join the queue again afterwards to get another shot? Also, I didn't realise Peggle was gonna be there. I'm guessing it's Peggle 2. Deadly!

• Advertisement

It's not finished and not due out till March.

And also being shown at every Xbox event worldwide, I have tickets but why bother play something that's out next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

And also being shown at every Xbox event worldwide, I have tickets but why bother play something that's out next week.

The bolded part answers your question

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    The bolded part answers your question

It's been playable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

It's been playable.

Only in the US, MS favours the US:pac: do you really think their gonna let little owl Ireland have a shot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

HA HA, I was going into the Shoreditch one last week, the guy on the door asked what I was looking forward to playing. I said "Titanfall". . .he paused, looked at me uncomfortably and said, "that's not a release game. . .we have Battlefield!". I wouldn't have bothered had I know and hence we stayed 20 minutes and left feeling a bit 'meh'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I was at the event tonight and it was pretty good. I wasn't expecting them to have that many consoles set up but fair play to them.

They had more than enough to keep the lines moving. Things like Battlefield and Call Of duty were based per round, so once the round was over you had to give up the joypad, but you could stand in the queue again if you wished, assuming there was one, if not you just don't give up the joypad.

The joypad itself had a different feel to it compared to the 360 joypad, I did get the sense of the bumper buttons being somewhat higher to reach, but didn't take long to adjust and it was fine.

I really enjoyed Killer instinct as I said before I was looking forward to that, they only had 4 characters available in the demo. Looking forward to playing as Fulgore again.

Battlefield included some Kinect action for strafing, basically leaning left or right yourself would strafe in the game, and it worked really well.

I was there for about an hour and a half, I didn't go near, dead rising 3, Forza or Ryse as I still want to keep something for when I get the console.

Also, for those interested in graphics, Ghosts surprisingly looked really good, and being a PC gaming as well, it was on par with the graphics on the PC. Possibly because the PC version is just awfully optimized, but none the less it look nice and played very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Was there. Well organized. Did not think much of Xbox itself graphically. Did the games look that much better than the 360?

honestly I did not think so...

Cod bf4 looked no more impessive than on 360. Maybe side by side comparison would show more difference.

Little disappointed tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Also guys at reception said not as busy as expected.... If any one came at off peak time tomorrow they would be let in so they told me...I.e. if no Que id say they let you in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Was at the show tonight myself, good setup and enjoyed getting to play most of the games.

Upstairs was Killer Instinct playable with the mad catz arcade stick which was a nice touch. I enjoyed it fairly fast paced, looks a bit

Fifa was also playable up stairs, not really my bag but it looked quite good and was quite fluid to play

Downstairs was where most of the action was at... Two large areas for Kinect Sports Rivals and one for Just Dance not too many takers on either but I had a go of Kinect Sports Rivals and it was good fun and quite responsive with the kinect controls

Either side of the room there were 12 Xbox One's setup with COD:Ghosts playing team death-match played on a map set in a castle, good fun reminded me of the end of Skyfall. There was a smaller COD section where they were playing the Extraction mode (the one with the aliens) looked alright but I had enough of COD at that stage.

The other side of the room had Battlefield 4 with some kinect features, plays well looked good to me.

They had Peggle 2 and Zoo Tycoon on a demo pod near the front. Peggle is peggle and is as addictive as ever. Zoo Tycoon looked the part but I didn't hang around to play it.

Dead Rising 3 - Loved it playing around in the sandbox level with machine gun hands is some craic, very glad I pre-ordered it with my Xbox One. Didnt see any frame rate drops and the amount of zombies on-screen is bonkers

Ryse - Looks lovely but it is a button masher, unfortunately my demo crashed to the Xbox One home screen and had to restart it but it was good and not nearly as clunky as I was expecting.

Forza - nice demo the impulse triggers get some getting used to but the game didnt miss a beat while playing looking forward to seeing the finished game

I didn't bother with Loco-cycle it was a bit odd like it could have been a X360 title but some peeps seemed to enjoy it.

I then hopped on the chance to play Crimson Dragon, glad to see I am still as rubbish at games like this but brought back some great memories of the Panzer Dragoon series.

Next up was Max The Curse of Brotherhood, it's a 2.5D platformer looks great but the frame-rate was all over the place it did have a place holder warning saying that it is a work in progress, might be one to watch.

Worth popping in if you can anyways just my two cents enjoy !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

General Impressions.

The controller
    The Xb1 controller is amazing, much lighter and slightly smaller than the 360 controller. The battery's are well hidden in the design. The thumb sticks are noticeably smaller and offer more grip than its predecessor. The buttons are far more responsive. The dead zones are almost non existent. The left and right triggers are larger than the 360 triggers and respond to the slightest touch which at first was causing me some problems until I realised in most FPS games I hold slight pressure on the left trigger before fully pressing to aim down the sight. The left and right bumper buttons aren't as clicky as they used to be on the 360 but are much more responsive. It took me only about 20 seconds to fully adjust to the controller from the moment it was in my hand.

The console and the Kinect - first impressions
    It's not as big as I thought it would be and the Kinect was far smaller than I had expected. It looks really wide in pictures but It really isn't that big at all.
    The Kinect sports rivals demo was fun. The demo is a jet skiing race. I only had to extend my arms forward and steer the jet ski. I had to avoid mines in the water and other obstacles while racing. When I hit jumps I would bend forward from the waist and my character would do flips on the jet ski in mid air.
    The Kinect worked really well at sensing the slightest movements and the lady demonstrating it was able to show me that I can use the Kinect at a very short distance and it will still pick up full body movements the same as when I was standing a good bit back at the beginning of the demo.

Graphics :cool:
    When you start playing the games thoughts of "is this 720p, 900p and 1080p" go right out the window. All the games look beautiful. I really liked the graphics in BF4 multiplayer, dead rising 3, Ryse, FIFA and of course Forza which just looks incredible.

Games I played
    Battlefield 4 - The graphics look great and the game plays very smooth, no frame drops even during intense fire fights. We played 8 vs 8 conquest on a small map called Zavod 311. The games were intense. Playing this game using the new controller was brilliant, so responsive. People at the tour talked about how much better the XB1 version is compared to the 360's version.
    Kinect integration with BF4 - When you lean to one side your character mirrors this instantly on screen. There is no jerky movement on screen, its really smooth and effortless.

Ryse - I was really prepared to dislike this game but I actually enjoyed it. The graphics are beautiful. It wasn't campaign or multiplayer that we were playing. It was like a demo mode were I fought in an arena against small waves of enemies. It was really enjoyable, I'll pick this up later in the year when its a little cheaper to buy. The fighting style of the game reminded me of assassins creed 2 when fighting more than 1 opponent at the same time.

Call of Duty Ghosts - Graphics look very good, as good as they can for a stock call of duty release. I have this on the 360 and the overall graphical difference is slightly better. The HUD looks a lot sharper and is easier to see on the XB1 version. The guns and optics look a good bit better on the XB1.

Fifa 14 - Looks great, and the craic is 90 when having a game. The controls have been improved again since FIFA 13. Graphics are really nice, right down to seeing individual blades of grass in replays when the cameras were passing the sidelines.

Dead rising 3 - I am not a Dead Rising fan, I just couldn't get into DR 1 and 2. After 1 game of this I am now a fan. It was amazing. Some highlights were killing zombies with an inflatable toy :D, dosing a huge crowd of zombies with a flame thrower, using a huge hammer that was like Thor's hammer to pound on hordes, using multiple sawn off shotguns while spinning around firing like crazy, shooting a zombie in the face with a flare gun and the best highlight was watching a guy use a steam roller to flatten a wave of zombies.

Killer Instinct - The graphics look great and the gameplay is fun. In case anyone is wondering there are 4 characters to choose from in the character selection screen.

Forza - LOOKS STUNNING, the force feedback rumble on the individual triggers is awesome. The demo is really short, I think its 2 laps. I wont be picking this up because I am not a racing game fan. I enjoyed the games.

Audio headsets at each console - They were using the Astro A40 and the Turtle beach Seven headsets. In my opinion the Astro headset sounded a lot better than the TB Seven. They both hooked into the optical port in the back of the XB1.

Some pics

32fh.jpg

FIFA
    e51t.jpg

Killer Instinct
    p7d6.jpg

Killer Instinct arcade joystick.
    iodx.jpg

Kinect Sports Rivals
    biw4.jpg

Downstairs
    50wh.jpg

I was disappointed that there were no competitions to win an XB1 or games etc. I thought they might give out t-shirts but unfortunately there was nada...

HMV/Xtravision have a stand inside taking preorders for the XB1 and were mentioning they are the only company out of the local games stores that could guarantee an XB1 before Christmas.

I am looking forward to picking up the Xbox One next Friday :)

Advertisement