Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Near Lansdowne Road.

Options
  • 27-10-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys. Any free/cheap/fixed price per day parking near Lansdowne Rd for match day weekends. Preferably around Ballsbridge its self.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The cricket club on Anglesea Road usually do parking for the rugby matches in the RDS, I'd imagine they'd do something similar for the ones in Lansdowne. About a 10-15 minute stroll to the stadium from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Are you talking about rugby or soccer games? There are loads of little lane ways all over Ballsbridge (especially on the town side of it) that you can park in for free, if you are going to an evening Leinster game at the RDS. They are normally paid parking Mon-Sat, from 8am to 6pm, but they are free in the evenings. I was driving down Shelbourne Rd a couple of years ago and that is how I found my spot. I'd tell you it's name, but I've never seen a street sign on it.

The first time you are heading over there, get to area about 90 mins before throw in. Drive slowly, and do a scout around and you should be able to find somewhere. The lanes are not much use if there is a game on at the Aviva, as the main roads around the area will be closed off, but for games on at the RDS they are fine. I only show up at game time these days, and I've never had a problem getting a parking space on my lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Are you talking about rugby or soccer games? There are loads of little lane ways all over Ballsbridge (especially on the town side of it) that you can park in for free, if you are going to an evening Leinster game at the RDS. They are normally paid parking Mon-Sat, from 8am to 6pm, but they are free in the evenings. I was driving down Shelbourne Rd a couple of years ago and that is how I found my spot. I'd tell you it's name, but I've never seen a street sign on it.

The first time you are heading over there, get to area about 90 mins before throw in. Drive slowly, and do a scout around and you should be able to find somewhere. The lanes are not much use if there is a game on at the Aviva, as the main roads around the area will be closed off, but for games on at the RDS they are fine. I only show up at game time these days, and I've never had a problem getting a parking space on my lane.

Soccer at Lansdowne Rd/Aviva, on a Sunday. Have previously parked in some of the Hotel Carparks, however was availing of a Residents rate/pass. But their rates for none residents are crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭coolbond

anywhere in ringsend ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

on Sunday, all street parking is free around Sandymount/Irishtown/Ringsend. You'll still need to pay in some areas of Ballsbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

In the end, no problems at all yesterday. Found a space on the South Lotts road, around the corner from Slatterys and The Chop House. Free all day.

Although were I was, it was pay and display till I think midnight in the week and Saturday.

Advertisement