Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back Again - CyberGhost VPN Special Edition €5 for 12 Months.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can you stack these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sweetie wrote: »
    Can you stack these?

I don't think so.
    They have forums, where you my get the answer. I don't think stacking really has any advantages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Allyall wrote: »
    Slightly different then the slider method last time

Still no UK server, but for €5... :)
    From what I can tell on the website, they've a free version that has access to 14 servers. I'm guessing the main benefit of this €5 SE and the free edition is the access of up to 5 devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

If I buy this, can I use it for watching US Netflix and the like on my Apple tv??

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

baldshin wrote: »
    If I buy this, can I use it for watching US Netflix and the like on my Apple tv??

it does work for using Netflix US :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

Great, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Just use media hint on chrome. Its free and instant. I find loading and logging on cyberghost a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

UK and other countries work fine on previous deal so assume should do so here too. Just change the us to gb at the start of given server address ;)
    Slightly different then the slider method last time

Still no UK server, but for €5... :)

CyberGhost VPN Special Edition €5 for 12 Months
    image02_i.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is it any good for torrenting ?
    Of legal materials obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

bought this but there is no option to register? I'm on a mac btw. been using the free hotspot shield and it was easy to set up.
    anyone have it working on mac?

• Advertisement

bought this but there is no option to register? I'm on a mac btw. been using the free hotspot shield and it was easy to set up.
    anyone have it working on mac?

How to use CyberGhost on a Mac

https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

WIZWEB wrote: »
    UK and other countries work fine on previous deal so assume should do so here too. Just change the us to gb at the start of given server address ;)

+1 works fine as long as you don't use their connection software

Cheers, but the problem is that I don't have an option to register. I can't access my account.

Cheers, but the problem is that I don't have an option to register. I can't access my account.

Scroll down to the comments at the bottom of THIS PAGE
    As a free user you don't need an account, but if you want one, click in the client on 'Upgrade' or 'Enter activation code'. After that click on 'Continue' and here it is, your all new CyberGhost 5 account, automatically generated for you. So, no need for 'buying an account'.
    Also there has not been made a decision about re-awakening the web account registration.

Scroll down to the comments at the bottom of THIS PAGE
    Thanks for the help. so their service is useless for mac users at the moment as they are still developing the mac client?

Thanks for the help. so their service is useless for mac users at the moment as they are still developing the mac client?

Seems to be a bit stupid/lack of foresight on their behalf alright.

But they do say if you email them, you can revoke your account, or get them to activate it.
    Our apologies. We haven't thought about that thoroughly enough. Please contact support@cyberghost.ro or mail us via feedback@cyberghost.ro to let somebody create an account for you, in which you then can activate your serial (and change credentials). Of course, you can also revoke your subscription.
    The Mac client will be available soon. Meanwhile you can always write us a mail and an account will be created for you. We apologize for any inconveniences in the time between changes ...

But it can be used on a Mac.
    https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/56/2-installation--protocol-usage

Seems to be a bit stupid/lack of foresight on their behalf alright.

But they do say if you email them, you can revoke your account, or get them to activate it.

But it can be used on a Mac.
    https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/56/2-installation--protocol-usage
    I sent them an email and they sent me this https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/399/0/how-to-use-cyberghost-vpn-with-l2tpipsec-on-mac-os-x

They also offered to set up an account for me. Is the above method safe? Seems a bit complicated in that I might have to activate the L2TP/IPSec protocol (depending on my router). A bit of a mess tbh

I think I might have to revoke my account.

Thanks again for all the help Allyall :)!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

IF you use this will it hide your download rate from the ISP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Got this a few months back, seemed over subscribed and slow.

Hola unblocker works far better for me.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Can somebody give me a playschool type explanation on what are the advantages of using a service like this...ta

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a playschool type explanation on what are the advantages of using a service like this...ta

You can watch foreign Web Streaming services.

If you were in Saudi Arabia and facebook is monitor etc, it would stop them from looking at your traffic.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    • Use Public or Hotel Wi-Fi in Confidence
    • Access regional TV/Streaming services from around the World (Netflix/BBC iPlayer/Hulu etc..)
    • Break Out of a Restrictive Network at Work/School
    • Download and Upload P2P Files in Privacy
    • Bypass the Country's Web Censorship and Content Surveillance
    • Cloak Your VOIP Phone Calls
    • Use Search Engines Without Having Your Searches Logged
    • Watch Home-Specific Broadcasts While You Are Traveling
    • Avoid Reprisals and Traceback Because of Your Researching
    More detailed HERE

@innthe, It will hide what you're downloading, but it won't help you hide the amount you are downloading. I presume that's what you meant by range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone who got this have any luck connecting to a UK server through the method talked about previously? Can't seem to get it to work yet I can connect to the US one via openvpn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hola Unblocker for Chrome works great and is free.

adox wrote: »
    Hola Unblocker for Chrome works great and is free.

Totally ... i've been using it for ages on Chrome and Android and it works great and its free.

Advertisement