Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

night life in clondalkin

Options
  • 27-10-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi. A few of us are going up to dublin in a few weeks staying around the liffey valley area just wondering on where to go out? pubs, late bar\nightclub. Also somewhere nice to eat, pub grub will be fine. Thanks for any help.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

What is the pub with the old red Vauxhall viva with racing stripes outside like? :-). Passed thru clandalkin on 76 dublinbus going to work. I've wanted to find out, or is the vintage car outside the best thing about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well there's The Arc, which is right next to Liffey Valley and alright for a few drinks and some dinner.

And then of course there's always Finches this is a joke. Do not go to Finches.
    Tbh you'd probably be better off going into town, there's not much nightlife around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The Deadmans can be a bit lively at the weekends.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Clondalkin Village has some nice pubs. The Laurels has decent bar food with a separate restaurant upstairs. Village Inn across the road open until 3am weekends. Lucan Village also nice pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gugleguy wrote: »
    What is the pub with the old red Vauxhall viva with racing stripes outside like? :-). Passed thru clandalkin on 76 dublinbus going to work. I've wanted to find out, or is the vintage car outside the best thing about it?

That would be the Laurels ;), not a bad pub at all with a late bar on Saturday nights and decent food aswell.

In Clondalkin Village there is also Quinlans pub downstairs is also good with a nice atmosphere and a new nightclub that has now opened upstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

As others have said, go into the city centre or head to Lucan village. Kenny's there is nice and serves decent food.

I would go to town as my first option op but second I would go to Clondalkin Village over Lucan much better atmosphere and more lively imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Clondalkin village would have better atmosphere alright, far in front of Lucan village... but for dining etc choose Lucan 'la banca' amazing food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Village Inn has gone a bit downhill since they came under new ownership,was always the roughest pub in Clondalkin Village anyways though,even back when it was The Central.

Laurels is decent enough if you get there early and manage to snag a table,Quinlans is always pretty dead atmosphere wise, even when it's busy.

Village Inn has gone a bit downhill since they came under new ownership,was always the roughest pub in Clondalkin Village anyways though,even back when it was The Central.

Laurels is decent enough if you get there early and manage to snag a table,Quinlans is always pretty dead atmosphere wise, even when it's busy.

I was agreeing with you up until this bit, I like Quinlans great pub much nicer pint than in the Laurels aswell ;).

Village Inn yea you couldn't pay me to drink in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement