Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel NYC Marriott timesquare

Options
  • 27-10-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    I had book for me and my mam and 2 kids to go nyc in this fab hotel. My niece is now coming with us and rang hotel and they want to charge additional 1200 euros for a suite as wont allow 5 in standard room even though will be ok as been in hotel in Ireland with them and never an issue. Do you think as hotel is really really big they would notice her?? ps know is not moral to do it but they will be sharing a bed? and hotel room is 2 doubles and sleeper sofa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

how are you going to hide your niece at check-in?

They are pretty strict on these things, especially as THEIR hotel rooms are insured for x amount of users.

I would take a look to see if you can talk to a manager or something and see if you can work something out. You could end up having to pay the 1200 when you get there otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

thanks was thinking that. We where going to let them wait in the lobby and I was going to check in. May just pay the extra.x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

What generally happens is that even if you sneak someone in, housekeeping may report if there are extra people sleeping in the room and then you'll be charged for the full amount.

While it may look as though there are room for 5 the hotel most likely isn't insured for 5 and doesn't offer rooms on their site for 5 people though there are other Marriott's in the area (New York Marriott East Side) that do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I cant possibly see how they could know.

People sneak people all the time into NYC hotel rooms if you get my drift.

Thanks now don't know what to do??..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

RachealB wrote: »
    Thanks now don't know what to do??..

Can you cancel and go to a different hotel?

5 in a standard room in the Marriott Timesquare would be a bit of a squeeze anyhow (even you you don't intend on spending a lot of time there.) If you decide to go with it then just don't have all 5 people present at check-in and bring a towel for the 5th person.

thanks will change have price the affinia manhattan and seems better size for us lot. Esp with teens. thanks for allyour help:):):):):):):)

Thanks for all your advise. Rang comfort inn manhattan as previously stayed and they can accomdate us.xx

Advertisement