Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best boiler options.

• 27-10-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi , we will be getting a new boiler soon as the one we have is about to give up the ghost.
    I've been quoted anywhere between €1700- €2800 to supply and fit a new "efficient " boiler , the plumbers have been calling them condenser boilers.
    I believe they are more economic ?
    A lot of them said that volkera 's are the best out there.

I'm asking the knowledgable folks here to let me know if the prices quoted are about right ?(only one guy quoted 2.8k, the majority were between 1.7-2k)
    If you were getting one in your house what make / model would you use , we have a 3 bed semi with kids that love their showers/ baths.
    It's a gas boiler I have at the minute.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi , we will be getting a new boiler soon as the one we have is about to give up the ghost.
    I've been quoted anywhere between €1700- €2800 to supply and fit a new "efficient " boiler , the plumbers have been calling them condenser boilers.
    I believe they are more economic ?
    A lot of them said that volkera 's are the best out there.

I'm asking the knowledgable folks here to let me know if the prices quoted are about right ?(only one guy quoted 2.8k, the majority were between 1.7-2k)
    If you were getting one in your house what make / model would you use , we have a 3 bed semi with kids that love their showers/ baths.
    It's a gas boiler I have at the minute.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'd personally go with Ariston. I used to fit Vokera too until I fitted an Ariston once. They are miles ahead of Vokera. As for price, it really depends on the work that's involved. Are they quoting for a powerflush? Ask them how long it will take for the job to be done.

Vokera wouldn't be a choice for my house, I'd go with either of the other V's Viessmann or Vaillant.

Viessmann are more established than Vaillant, also Worchester bosch make good boilers to but are having issues with their telescopic flues, so I wouldn't fit one due to that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

gary71 wrote: »
    Vokera wouldn't be a choice for my house, I'd go with either of the other V's Viessmann or Vaillant.

Viessmann are more established than Vaillant, also Worchester bosch make good boilers to but are having issues with their telescopic flues, so I wouldn't fit one due to that reason.

No Ariston Gary?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    No Ariston Gary?

Conflict of interest;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Vokera's are decent little work horses. Not the flavour of the month for many installers as Vokera have a tendency of stealing the ongoing service work from the installer.

Top end boiler makes would be Viessmann, Ariston, Worchester Bosch & Valliant.

The varying price would really depend on the boiler make & other associated works involved. The more expensive one may be quoting for additional works required.

All must do a chemical & mechanical powerflush & add a good quality inhibitor upon completion. In fact, Viessmann now stipulate in their manual that only Fernox or Sentinel products can only be used, otherwise the warranty is null & void!

Many boilers nowadays are volt free, so it is normal to replace the programmer with a volt free one plus a new room stat. There maybe other required works in the hot press if the system is semi-sealed, this should be converted to fully sealed.

I would certainly make a list of the must haves & then do a compare for like for like pricing. You must also like the installer too & feel confident in him/her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement