Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie intermittently taking a long time to load

Options
  • 27-10-2013 9:02pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi. I hope this is the correct place for this. Throughout today, the site has been taking ages to load, or else not loading properly e.g. images etc not in their correct places or not loading at all. While the page is loading, it says connecting to b static at the bottom of my screen. It's not happening all the time but on and off through the day. My internet connection is fine and I'm not having trouble with other sites.

Comments

Same problem here, but mine is "Waiting for b.scorecardresearch.com" The image of my avatar in the top right isn't loading either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm having a related problem I think. When I open a webpage on Chrome the favicon doesn't show up until the page is fully loaded. Whe it's loading I have the little blue rotating arc. This usually lasts under 5 seconds for a normal or up to 15 seconds for a page that contains a lot of GIFs for example. When I open Boards the page loads, but the rotating arc that signals a load page never goes and the Boards favicon doesn't appear.

FYI the only thing that seems to be left to load on the whole page is my little avatar that appears beside my name in the top right corner. That doesn't seem to ever load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'm getting similar behaviour with Boards.ie pages in tabs in Chrome.
    No favicon, spinning 'loading' graphic, no mini-avatar image.
    The browser is displaying this message in the bottom left corner: "Waiting for avatar.b-static.net..."

Other sites appear to be behaving correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Well thank feck it wasn't just my phone then. Boards touch site also seems to be very slow to load.

The spinner Alvin put in a while back works fine, but the loading of the page itself then after the spinner is very slow.

Device: Nokia N8
    Browser: Opera Mobile 12

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm getting same as Rovi yesterday and this morning.

Site still works though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

same here - b-static.net was causing issues before and the admins said they were going to stop using it...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it took me about 20 minutes to open this page and complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah it seems to be getting worse now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ditto that

Opera 12

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

Also having problems opening boards.ie, all other sites are fine.

• Advertisement

Everything but the front page is hanging for 2-3 minutes on Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Pretty much unusable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've found that sometimes you can beat the block by slow clicking links, press and.....release.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Having the same problem here, pages taking a lot longer to load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Same here. Thought I'd f'ed things up yesterday when I changed a few settings on my router! Glad to see it only a boards problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Same here - using Chrome.
    Waiting for b.scorecardresearch.com ...
    Most of the site loads, but the javascript that controls the menus doesn't load.

boards.ie works fine from home, not from work.
    Looks like b.scorecardresearch.com is blocked here in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Quick hack seems to have done the trick:

Seems like I can't resolve "scorecardresearch.com" from work ... our IT dept have blocked it.
    Edit this file in notepad:
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add these 2 lines to the end:
    127.0.0.1 scorecardresearch.com
    127.0.0.1 b.scorecardresearch.com

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's fine for me now, & has been since last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

^
    |
    |
    Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ditto ^

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement