Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conemara Marathon

Options
  • 27-10-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,
    I jog a couple of miles at a time, but last week I took the notion to register for the Conemara marathon on April 4th. I reckon I have enough time for training (just about...hopefully). I'm based in Cork. Have been looking at and changing my lifestyle over the last couple of months and well there's nothing like a mission to keep yourself going... I'm wondering would it be better to join a running club to do something like this...though I'm happy enough going on my own, but perhaps the motivation and clannishness of being part of a club might be of benefit.
    Any ideas?
    Yikes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

A club would defo bring you on. Also - start a training log on here. You'll get great advice and encouragement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BeanBong

Cool, thanks for the reply. Would you recommend any clubs in particular in Cork. I don't have a car and I live north side in St. Lukes area, but am close to the city.

Advertisement