Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will eircom install their broadband for me?

• 27-10-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I just ordered eircom broadband from their website. Will I have to set it up and install it myself or will they send a technician to do it? And if not, how do I do it myself, is there an instruction manual?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What package did you order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

eFibre? Yes they will.

Standard DSL broadband? No they won't. It's self install. They'll send out a modem in the post and you connect it up yourself. Very straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paolosnapid

I never had a landline before but I believe efibre is available in my area.Does anyone know how much eircom will charge to install the phone line from the road to the phone cabinet on the outside wall of my house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

I never had a landline before but I believe efibre is available in my area.Does anyone know how much eircom will charge to install the phone line from the road to the phone cabinet on the outside wall of my house?

it is a free installation for eircom customers... there is a charge if your isp is not eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paolosnapid

So, if I get eircom broadband they will install all for free?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

So, if I get eircom broadband they will install all for free?

Yes, bearing in mind there will be a 12 month contract attached to it. They will install the line for free and you can connect up the modem (in the case of adsl broadband), which is simple. You should contact them just to confirm this, get all the facts before committing to anything, especially with Eircom

Advertisement