Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing yupi from japan

Options
  • 28-10-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.i ordered a second hand yupiteru 7100 from japan
    From ebay.i thought i was ordering from the uk and used my n.ireland parcel motel address.my parcel was in 'retention'for a few days in the uk and now its marked as 'held'.am i liable for excise on a second hand radio.total value inc shipping was 200 dollars.i dont have any problems paying it if its due but as i have not heard anything from customs uk i was just wondering is it normel to have the parcel marked as held.regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

is your IE address on the parcel?

otherwise the import duty demand will have gone to Parcel Motel and it will languish there.

As far as I'm aware the contents of the parcel don't matter, just the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

is your IE address on the parcel?

otherwise the import duty demand will have gone to Parcel Motel and it will languish there.

As far as I'm aware the contents of the parcel don't matter, just the value.

Thanks for the reply.the only address on it is the N.IRELAND Parcel one.i think i will have to give them a ring later..regards

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

There is a Parcel Motel sub forum Here that might have your answer or you could ask them your question

Xantia wrote: »
    There is a Parcel Motel sub forum Here that might have your answer or you could ask them your question

Thanks for the reply,its in the faqs section of parcel motel that i never read by the way that they dont deal with excise duties and will refuse delivery so i presume the uk customs dont have my name and address so i will have to ring them when i get home,regards

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

in Ireland there is no duty on second hand radio "parts"
    Thats why Ialways order from ebay us the shipping can be killer on heavy items but well worth it :)

• Advertisement

...__... wrote: »
    in Ireland there is no duty on second hand radio "parts"
    Thats why Ialways order from ebay us the shipping can be killer on heavy items but well worth it :)
    hi,i tracked down the yupi and its being held pending custom duties of 38gbp,
    im waiting for the letter with the payment code,should have been more carefull when ordering,anyway lesson learned,regards

Advertisement