Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed

• 28-10-2013 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

In Crumlin yesterday, a man collapsed in front of me yesterday. He was unresponsive and seemed in a bad way I made an emergency call for an Ambulance.

EMT's came and worked on the man (including defib's) with out getting any response. They took him away and I have no way of finding out what happened. I don't know what hospital they took him to, I don't know the mans name.

I gave my details to the security man in the shopping centre where it happened but he didn't seem like he was going to be very helpful.

Is there a process where I can follow up on my Emergency Service call?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Short answer, No. Unless you are an immediate relative.

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    In Crumlin yesterday, a man collapsed in front of me yesterday. He was unresponsive and seemed in a bad way I made an emergency call for an Ambulance.

EMT's came and worked on the man (including defib's) with out getting any response. They took him away and I have no way of finding out what happened. I don't know what hospital they took him to, I don't know the mans name.

I gave my details to the security man in the shopping centre where it happened but he didn't seem like he was going to be very helpful.

Is there a process where I can follow up on my Emergency Service call?

Don't think so.

Also, fair play for doing something. So many people don't.

And out of interest, did the shopping centre staff not help/provide a defib?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

did they try and charge you for the call out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

please go away

Don't be an ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Thanks for replies.

Security came and took over the situation until the ambulance crew arrived and they used the defib.

I rang the shopping center today and they told me the man had passed. They weren't able to give me any info like his name. I'll see if I can find out some more information in the funeral notices.

Terribly sad. Wish I could have done more but I know realistically there wasn't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

OP ring or call in to Crumlin Garda Station. Tell them what happened and how you witnessed it and how you might like to find out about funeral arrangements.

They might be able to direct you to the funeral directors who attended or give you some other information that may help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Turner wrote: »
    OP ring or call in to Crumlin Garda Station. Tell them what happened and how you witnessed it and how you might like to find out about funeral arrangements.

They might be able to direct you to the funeral directors who attended or give you some other information that may help you.

Would it not be kevin street/kilmainham that would have been notified since they passed in the hospital. I presume it was James.

Advertisement