Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does your pet react to bad weather?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Nala doesn't mind going out in the rain. Definatly not bothered by the cold, we go to the beach most days and there's only been one day she hasn't gone in for a swim! Even our greyhounds aren't too bothered by it. One of them won't leave on her coat even if it's cold she somehow manages to wriggle out of it! Luckily none of them are scared of thunder etc. As for our cat she never leaves the house and is usually asleep on the radiator of on someones laps or bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

boomerang wrote: »
    Bad weather never bothered my collies - that'd be the breed and their double coats. Amber would happily sit out in the rain, keeping an eye on things! They were both very sound-sensitive though (another breed trait) and were very upset by the atmospheric pressure (?) during thunderstorms.

The greyhound though - she'd rather burst her bladder than step out into a shower! She even jumps over puddles! :D

haha I can relate to this one, had a Whippet, those dogs absolutely HATE the rain !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Well I put a new fleece blanket into the spare cat bed in our home office/junk room so Toby found it yesterday and is snug in it now, Jazzy is in his basket under the radiator in that room too. Poppy is asleep on my old fleece dressing gown on the spare bed, by the radiator, she virtually lives on that old dressing gown. I lit the fire a little while ago and Felix is sound asleep beside me on the sofa, right on the side in front of the fire.

They all seem to wander into our bedroom at about 3amish for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My dog will take one look outside and will just be like..nope. He hates the rain. Luckily he can go hours and hours before needing to go for a pee!

My old dog that died a few years ago didn't care about rain..she would even go outside and just stand in it! She was a spaniel though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

My dogs reaction to the weather is as changeable as the weather. Mostly if we're going out the front door for a walk the weather doesnt matter, she's happy. Out the back door to the garden is different. She'll race out with a big happy head "wheee I'm going out .... oh it's raining:(" and will either stop before she crosses the door threshold or she will go out and shelter under the bush looking longingly at the door til we spot her and take pity.

one morning it was raining out and I was trying to taker her out for a walk and she lay down on her back at the front door with her "If I just lie here and look cute she won't make me move" face on :rolleyes: she wouldnt budge. She hadnt pee'd in 14 hours and she still would not go out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Our cats are mainly indoors, so they're not bothered by a simple rain, but if it thunderstorms - and we live in Florida, so it does that quite frequently, especially in the summer - my cat Samhain gets scared and either hides underneath one of the beds, or crawls underneath my sheets until the thunderstorm passes. The other two cats don't seem to think it's a big deal, unless there's an unusually loud clap of thunder, and then they'll look around like, "WTF?! Where did that come from!?"

Our dog doesn't like water. If there are puddles when we take him for a walk, he'll avoid them, and if we try to take him for a walk in the light rain, he'll turn around and go back inside once he realizes it's raining. He also barks at thunder, but that's because he barks at all noises when he can't see the source.

Advertisement