Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Smaller Exchanges Being Upgraded ?

Options
  • 28-10-2013 1:28pm

I'm still only able to get 6 mbs since about 2006 and I'm not in the fibre upgrade list for 2014 so I can only assume the smaller towns and villages will not be upgraded to fibre ? 

So if not are we at least going to get upgraded to 24mb ? Surely it can't be that expensive to relocate equipment from fibre areas to the smaller towns and villages ? 

I thought 4G might offer a viable alternative to dsl but it won't since they are still going to have ridiculously low download limits.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mad_Lad wrote: »
    I'm still only able to get 6 mbs since about 2006 and I'm not in the fibre upgrade list for 2014 so I can only assume the smaller towns and villages will not be upgraded to fibre ? 

So if not are we at least going to get upgraded to 24mb ? Surely it can't be that expensive to relocate equipment from fibre areas to the smaller towns and villages ? 

I thought 4G might offer a viable alternative to dsl but it won't since they are still going to have ridiculously low download limits.  
    Hi Mad_Lad

Feel freee to PM me your landline number and I'll look into plans for your exchange.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement