Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***MatchThread*** 29-Oct 21:15 WES1 Brown Bag Utd

• 28-10-2013 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

We need to maintain the winning run this week

Ed - In
    Cathal - In

Craig -
    Keith - In
    Derek McD -in
    Paddy - In
    SteMcD - In

Ciaran - In
    Collie - In
    Darren - in
    Luke C- In

Dave - In
    Jules - In
    Luke D - In

Wes -
    Ste K - in
    Derek McL -Out
    kingsley - in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

looking good on numbers good luck lads :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

15 in, plenty of competition for places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

2-0 win, solid without being spectacular though we did dominate for most of the game and really should have won by more in the end.

12 points from 4 games, couldnt wish for a better start really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

great team performance everyone was solid and it was a good win, two players that stood out for me were kingsley with a nice headed goal and derek at the back winning everything in the air, good solid play from keith at left back overall it was a well deserved win, the goals here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0hjexkYGN4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfEITThuXu4&feature=youtu.be

super coverage if i may say so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

mrDerek wrote: »
    great team performance everyone was solid and it was a good win, two players that stood out for me were kingsley with a nice headed goal and derek at the back winning everything in the air, good solid play from keith at left back overall it was a well deserved win, the goals here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0hjexkYGN4&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfEITThuXu4&feature=youtu.be

super coverage if i may say so

Lol your some spacer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Derek, try to record with the phone sideways next time, you'll get a better video.

Oh yeah, great win lads - just to say that any and all team selections and changes were communicated pre-match by me.

Excellent start to the league, but we had similar last season which we'll all remember. Then we played 123.ie.

We simply cannot underestimate these guys next week.

I watched them last night, they're good.
    Very strong all round the pitch and dominated Norfolk in the 2nd half, will be a step up from anyone we've played to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I watched them last night, they're good.
    Very strong all round the pitch and dominated Norfolk in the 2nd half, will be a step up from anyone we've played to date.

ya, they are at the moment, our biggest threat though of course im sure 1 or 2 other teams will come into it.

huge game next week and i think they beat us 2 times last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1st half was a bit hectic with players moving about, they could've scored a couple. 2nd half was a lot more controlled/rigid and really they didn't get a sniff in the second half.

And it was bitterly cold..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, agree with what's been said, good result without every really clicking into anything above 3rd, maybe 4th gear. Have to say the defence and keeper were excellent - though they had a few good shots from distance due to perhaps getting a bit of space due to us pushing forward a lot (which is fine - we should always be confident we'll come out on top in that trade-off), they rarely threatened us in the box and keeper and defence were well organised and bossed the box.

Though we gave them too much space in the middle third in the first half, our midfield were strong throughout and really got on top in the 2nd half. So we never really looked like losing but should've turned good breaks into more clearcut chances a few times.

Good news is though that we're racking up points without having really hit top form - which is good as we know we've another level to go to and it's timely that we're facing 123.ie next week. We have a better squad than when we faced them last season (and using it last night helped ensure our momentum didn't dip) so if we can get a good turnout with everyone fit and push on from our good momentum, no reason we can't take what will be a very competitive game.

Had to laugh at their total overreaction to the penalty award - it was such a blatant two-handed shove in the back I couldn't understand their reaction but they seemed to genuinely think they were hard done by. He'd done it at least 4 other times (and twice after the peno) and I just brought it to the ref's attention without overly appealing the 2nd time and knew that sooner or later your man would do it again at a time the ref had a good view....whereas a few seasons back I'd have been screaming at the ref and that'd just mean we wouldn't get one unless they hacked us down with an axe, lessons learnt and whatnot!

Well done lads, great start to the season. Marathon done and dusted so will be back next week but will be warming the bench from the looks of things :)

Expecting you to be fitter than us all, what time did you do it in ?

Expecting you to be fitter than us all, what time did you do it in ?

4:18 first time doing it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

4:18 first time doing it!

4:18.. were you sleepwalking or something?? :pac:

Advertisement