Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Nexus Devices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Nexus 4 is available for £240 as standard now in most places. Google UK and Expansys were both offering it for ~£200 new a few weeks ago.

The 2013 Nexus 7 is available for £179.99 from Currys UK delivered to PM using code 'atab10', which I'd take over a US Nexus 7 from a small seller on the Play.com marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Tragedy wrote: »
    Nexus 4 is available for £240 as standard now in most places. Google UK and Expansys were both offering it for ~£200 new a few weeks ago.

The 2013 Nexus 7 is available for £179.99 from Currys UK delivered to PM using code 'atab10', which I'd take over a US Nexus 7 from a small seller on the Play.com marketplace.

Even Better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Any sale on the Nexus 4 now is because the Nexus 5 is (probably) going to be released this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Nexus 7 was 180 in PCworld the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Which one?1 or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

bidiots wrote: »
    Which one?1 or 2

1 id assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Media999 wrote: »
    1 id assume.

Yep, I paid €299 for the 32g 2013 model last week there.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

nexus 7 is 216 with that code..

stek wrote: »
    nexus 7 is 216 with that code..
    My apologies, I was talking about the 16GB version.

The Play.com seller is evading VAT to sell the 32GB version at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The Play.com seller is evading VAT to sell the 32GB version at that price.

That's a bold statement... Why do you think he's doing such a thing?

• Advertisement

That's a bold statement... Why do you think he's doing such a thing?
    Because the retail price of the Nexus 7 32GB in the USA is £168, with 20% VAT rate making that £201.6. Add in delivery cost (whether it's implicit or explicit), and you get... not £179.99 including shipping :)

PS: The price seems to have gone up to £209.99, which is a more realistic price (but still leaving them very little margin).

Advertisement