Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting back, after taking the third step iTaste vv v3 with T3S BCC

Options
  • 28-10-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi ppl :)

Just wanted to share my experience after taking the third step into vaping hardware with lots of help from this forum.

First step was those horrible cig alike things, second was an eGo based battery kit and now the iTaste vv !

When i first received the iTaste vv along with a pair of Kanger T3S BCC's, i was like, ok this is too big to carry around and use outside, i was getting a few weird looks when i used the eGo outdoors and my new kit is even longer but i got used to is fairly quick.
    Also when i first fired it up i was a bit underwhelmed as i didn't get much flavor from my liquid, but all i needed to do is break it in and tune in the wattage that was appropriate to the viscosity of my juice, i am using USA Mix 12mg from bargainvapor and i just made another purchase for 6mg this time, as i intend to eventually quit altogether , I'll see how that goes.....

Anyway since i found my personal wattage sweet spot at 7.5w i am very very satisfied out of the performance i get, good flavor, no more gargling noise, no need to rinse out my clearomiser every 2-3 refills cause the liquid turned dark and thick, no need to guess when my battery will run out of me because i got the voltage indication at the press of a button, along with the led color changing to yellow and then orange when the battery runs low, no need to roll the unit around to get more liquid into the coil when it got low as this is a bottom coil so gravity does the work for me.

Now for the down sides, the Kanger T3S BCC has a tendency to attract condensation on the mouthpiece which i am guessing has to do with the material it is made from, not a deal breaker for me, but i do get some liquid in my mouth every now and then, because once too much condensation built s up it will turn into small droplets.
    This BCC has 3 air holes which for my liquid i found to be one too many, got a small piece of tin foil, rolled it up and plugged one of them, so problem solved.
    About the iTaste vv v3, seems to be working great except for when the battery goes below 3.8v then the circuit seems to be unable to provide me with the power i ask of it, so the pull isn't the same as it was when the battery was reading 4.2 to 3.9 but that is to be excepted from a device that is small in comparison to the features it provides.
    Also the unit i received had a few scuff marks on the LCD display, which isn't anything major but it is still noticeable and the + - buttons do rattle a bit, which means QC for these units isn't the best out there.

The micro usb charge port is an excellent option as i can use my phone's charger to recharge the battery if i want to and the option to use the battery while it's charging saves me from having to buy a second one in case i run out of power in the middle of the day. (which did attract a funny comment from my gf "why are you smoking the laptop ?!!")

So overall i am very happy with my latest purchase and i owe you guys and gals a big thank you for pointing me towards it when i first joined this forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Be careful when removing the USB cable from the bottom of the device, I'd recommend to hold the silver part when you're pulling it out. The screen bit came away from the body on me when I was pulling in the cable, it's only loosely glued in. I was able to just push it back in and it still works fine but just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kyaner

Thanks for the heads up Ricky

I did find the connection a bit too snug so i'm always careful when i unplug it from the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You use the same set up as me. I love it and it serves me well for a day to and from the office and a ten minute vape at lunchtime.

I invested in auni nova today and I do prefer the warmer vape from a top coil but I doubt it will replace the T3 as my all day clearo.

Just wanted to add another bit of experience i had with my current setup today.

So between vapes sometimes it got a bit weird on me, sometimes it would not fire at all giving me the NON indication as if there is nothing attached or after a few tries it would give me big resistance numbers like 4-5-6 Ohm so i thought ok bad contact, cleaned up the contact on the side of the battery, cleaned up the post on the side of the clearomiser but i still got the same thing after a while.
    I tried to gently pry on the post since I've read that sometimes it gets pushed in, but nothing happened.

So i took the clearomiser apart, took out the head and just run it under the tap for a little while, gave it a wipe, put it back in and now it's as good as new.

I guess there was liquid related gunk built up on the coil and that added extra resistance to the point that the battery couldn't supply enough power, hence the NON indication and the high Ohm read outs.

@Fred how many refills do you get out of each coil head before they burn out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Make sure the head is firmly screwed in to the base on the T3. Sometimes if it isn't sat properly the contact with the battery isn't good.

I usually keep a head in for four or five days, then swap it. I don't throw them away though, I have found that if I remove the stem and the flavour wick, dry burn the coil, rinse with hot water and the rebuild with a new flavour wick then the head is practically brand new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

Have you tried using an Aspire BDC Glassomiser yet, Kyaner?

They look awesome and you get no leaks (unless you use them on planes :roll eyes:), no gurgling, and you can really taste the juices properly with them. And the heads for the Aspire are roughly the same price as the T3 ones but I find them to be far superior clearo's.

I used to used T3's all the time and even recoiled them but now that I've tried the Aspire, I'm NEVER going back to T3's again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi Kyaner! :) I'm delighted to hear that you like the iTaste VV VW! I love my one too, in fact I ordered a new one and it arrived in the post this morning. The button on my old iTaste VV VW was gone a bit wonky. The button didn't click anymore when I pressed it, it seems like its wearing out. Also its very hard to get in to turn on and off with the five clicks seen as the button isn't working properly. I'd been using old leaky clearomizers, so I reckon too much juice leaked into my iTaste and broke it. :( But I have a new one now, so I'm thrilled, I can keep the old one for back up!

My favourite clearomizer is the CE4 V3, but I haven't been able to pick up a new one in a while coz I haven't been in town in ages. So, I ordered a Kanger TS3. And the exact same thing that happened to you happened to me too! It worked sometimes, but more often it wouldn't fire up and the screen on my iTaste VV said "NON." I just couldn't get it to work :( So, I got an old head off one of my old Kanger MT3s and it fitted on the TS3 and worked. Maybe the iTaste VV and the Kanger TS3 aren't a good mix?

I've never tried a Mod, but I think the iTaste VV VW does the trick. So, I'm not I any hurry to buy a Mod. The first few months that I was vaping I was spending a fortune testing new stuff, but I've found a few things that I like and I'm sticking with them now. Unfortunately I can only find 2 e-liquids that I really like. One is Wingnuts Select "Vanilla Custard" from e-smokeireland and the other is "Frankenvap" from Vaporum. They are both really nice, I stick with them and my iTaste VV VW and I'm sorted!

I haven't found the perfect clearomizer yet, although I like the CE4 V3 the best. But I find that every clearomizer I use leaks, even when they are brand new. I don't know why this happens? I'm guessing that I must be doing something wrong? But I'm really gentle with my clearomizers, I keep them in a case, I dont throw them around. And when I vap I make sure to vap gently, I don't take strong drags like I would on a cigarette. Yet all of my clearomizers still leak :( If I could just solve the leaking problem then I'd have a perfect vaping set up! :)

Anyway Kyaner I'm delighted to hear that you like your new set up. I've grown to love VV & VW, it really does make a difference. :)

And back for more :P

After getting a bit pissed off with the T3S contact issues and condensation built up, i decided to go with the Aspire BDC Glassomiser, one week in and i have none of the above problems, no condensation, no contact issues what so ever.
    I was expecting more vapour out of it being dual coil but i can't say I'm disappointed by the performance.
    I had to turn down the power to 6.5 watts as it seems to be burning my liquid hotter with the dual coil set-up.
    On the down side, even though i love the bling of the stainless steel design, it feels top heavy on the itaste and the centre post placement and size makes it almost impossible to fill without a needle nose bottle.

I am very happy with this configuration as it works 100% of the time and i don't need to fiddle with anything, just fill it up, press the button and vape.

Also thanks to the very nice and helpful guys over at Smokedifferent in Mary Mall i got my hands on some very very tasty lemon juice which i just can't put down !

And another update on my vaping journey

I picked up an itaste MVP V2 along with an aspire vivi nova because i wanted more battery life and i wanted to give the itaste vv3 a rest between charges so as to prolong the battery life.
    Very happy with the performance again, i get a couple of days out of a single charge on the MVP and it's not as bulky as i originaly thought, i can "hide" the entire unit in my hand when i use it outside, which i rarely do as i have the vv3 for that.

On to some reviewer comments i've heard. About the button being too hard to press on the MVP 2 i found it to be very easy and for the life of me i cannot figure out why they made such big fuss about it, unless innokin changed the amount of preasure required between the units that where tested by the youtube folk and the one i am using...
    As for the aspire i just love how hustlle free this is, use it, when i get a burning taste, just change the coil head with another, let it sit for 5min and it's good ot go again.
    Another youtube reviewer was saying hat the heads where a gamble as to how they perform, so far i have not had any issue what so ever with performance.
    Only down side would be the cost of 2 euro per week for the aspire coil heads. But i still refuse to go down the road of making my own coils and wicks and what not, sure it would be more cost effective and i might get a better quality vape out of it, but like i said, for the time being i'm happy with what i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I use the iTaste V3 as my main device (mainly because of the usb charging and pass-through), I still don't think I could recommend them though. Even at such a low price, they are very flimsy. I probably have mine around a month and it's falling apart in a few places, most noticeably the connector for the atty.

For a newbie I'd still recommend an EGO-C for its durability and size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Kyaner wrote: »
    Now for the down sides, the Kanger T3S BCC has a tendency to attract condensation on the mouthpiece which i am guessing has to do with the material it is made from, not a deal breaker for me, but i do get some liquid in my mouth every now and then, because once too much condensation built s up it will turn into small droplets.

Perhaps try to let go of the button a second or half a second early (or alternatively suck for an extra second). I believe this is because if you look into the drip tip after you've taken a pull you'll notice still a little bit of vapour in there. This condensates inside the drip tip. If you clear that vapour out completely with every inhale it could help. Personally the juice I vape is so tasty once in a while I get some on my lips and it tastes kinda good. Some juices don't though :)

Kyaner wrote: »
    About the iTaste vv v3, seems to be working great except for when the battery goes below 3.8v then the circuit seems to be unable to provide me with the power i ask of it, so the pull isn't the same as it was when the battery was reading 4.2 to 3.9 but that is to be excepted from a device that is small in comparison to the features it provides.

Strange, I thought it would have been good down to 3.7v at least no? I've never used this one so I Can't say. So you're saying you've got it set to 7.5 watts but you notice the power isn't so good anymore so you check the battery life and when it's 3.8 volts battery life left or lower the performance isn't as good any more? In which case it sounds like it's not really regulated properly in which case that's your next excuse for upgrading to something even better! (and bigger ;) )

Advertisement