Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 not charging

• 28-10-2013 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi, I recently purchased a cheap 3 meter charging cable off eBay, and as result of using this using this cable my phone charging port is now ruined. :( my phone will not charge just by sticking the genuine charger in you kind of have to force the cable to connect with phone if that makes sense.

Anyway I bought the phone on Vodafone pay as you go, a few months ago. In carphonewarehouse and still have the receipt.

If I bring the phone back to them will they repair or replace my phone for free?, as they come with a years warranty if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe I could get an iPhone 5s out of this yet. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Dr. Sh1te wrote: »
    Hi, I recently purchased a cheap 3 meter charging cable off eBay, and as result of using this using this cable my phone charging port is now ruined. :( my phone will not charge just by sticking the genuine charger in you kind of have to force the cable to connect with phone if that makes sense.

Anyway I bought the phone on Vodafone pay as you go, a few months ago. In carphonewarehouse and still have the receipt.

If I bring the phone back to them will they repair or replace my phone for free?, as they come with a years warranty if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe I could get an iPhone 5s out of this yet. :rolleyes:

Not a chance of getting a 5S, but yeah I would assume the year warranty would cover a "faulty" ( ;) ) lightning port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Dr. Sh1te wrote: »
    my phone will not charge just by sticking the genuine charger in you kind of have to force the cable to connect with phone if that makes sense.

have you checked there's no lint the slot? had a simliar problem the other day, wouldn't connect unless forced in. Using a toothpick i was able to remove a small accumulation of lint which was stopping the charger snapping into the slot.

Advertisement