Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercom Problem

Options
  • 28-10-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have recently installed electric gates and used a comlet intercom/keypad combi unit (8241 l). Since the heavy rain it has stopped working. I took it apart this morning and dried it and put it back in, and it worked for a while. After the next shower the same happened. It has a rain cover and the inner seal is fine. Surely these intercom are designed for the rain. I dont want to have to take it apart every time it rain. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would need to see it really.
    It sounds like its not closing correctly or the seal is damaged.
    You could try going over the seal with silicone, its really down to how its mounted and the surface its on etc..

Advertisement