Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB3 Problems - not working

Options
  • 28-10-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I've got a ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 mobo running win 7 pro 64bit. The mobo has 2x usb3 ports on it but they are useless. I've 2x usb3 ext drives and neither work when I plug them in.

I'll get a popup after a fresh boot to explore the drive, if it does this the folders are empty, or when I try transfer files i lose the drive. Both work fine on my other usb ports.

Is it just that usb3 is crap or is it a mobo/hardware/software issue? I've tried the drivers from the Asus site and also a Renesas(NEC) Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver that I found somewhere thats more recent than the Asus ones.

Other than having to transfer 1tb between 2x drives it's not really a problem they don't work but it be kinda nice to be able to use them right now :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Have you any unknown devices with yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

None what so ever. It's a fresh install also but it didnt work before this either.

Advertisement