Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avonline Tooway

• 28-10-2013 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,822 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the sticks where Eircom tell me they can only give me up to 1mb. A local satellite broadband company tell me they can give me up to 4 mb but I'm not sure if this is going to be consistent.

I went looking around and a person told me about Avonline. I looked them up and they have some good looking packages but I don't know anything about them. Does anybody know if they are any good? I'd love to hear from somebody that has/had them. It just sounds too good given the experiences some of my friends have had with companies.

http://www.avonlinebroadband.co.uk/packages/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,822 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just bumping this, really need some help. I'm in an area which is grey(not covered under NBS) on their coverage map, eircom say they can give me up to 1 meg. I have to get something pretty decent. Any help would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just bumping this, really need some help. I'm in an area which is grey(not covered under NBS) on their coverage map, eircom say they can give me up to 1 meg. I have to get something pretty decent. Any help would be great.

Your choices are in descending order :
    eircom (DSL)
    FWA (Fixed wireless)
    3G
    some tins and string
    satellite (from any supplier)

For FWA see the list of suppliers on www.irelandoffline.org find your location and click the wireless checkbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

If you are into you're online gaming then you can forget about Satellite broadband due to the high latency.

Advertisement