Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard drive

Options
  • 28-10-2013 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Im in need desperate of a portable external hard drive for school and personal use. Preferably between 500GB and 1TB.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

The Toshiba 1TB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive is one of the cheapest I could find. Comes in at about 82 Euro with free delivery. I have the 500 GB model and it powered by USB, it's very small and quite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

There was a thread recently about a good deal on a 1TB.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057069765

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

You should also be able to pick up a cheap one on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Pixmania have this Toshiba 1Tb for €62.99 with free delivery.

Use code 3DPIXIE for 5% discount on non sale items - valid until 7PM Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Harvery Norman have a 1TB for €57.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Dhl

Dub12Dave wrote: »
    You should also be able to pick up a cheap one on adverts.

Online buy it brand new if you buy it on adverts. Second hand hardrives may have potential malicious viruses, and if you have a expansive computer you don't want to have to spend more money repairing it and the trouble of recovering files or worse being unable to recover them.
    PM me if you need advice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Harvery Norman have a 1TB for €57.

Thanks. Picked one up yesterday in Carrickmines. It's a Toshiba. Box is marked at €99.99. Might have to ask for it though, as the assistant had to get one out of the storeroom

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dhl wrote: »
    Online buy it brand new if you buy it on adverts. Second hand hardrives may have potential malicious viruses, and if you have a expansive computer you don't want to have to spend more money repairing it and the trouble of recovering files or worse being unable to recover them.
    PM me if you need advice ?
    LOL

If your system is resonably up to date then it won't autorun stuff on the drive, and you can just format it.

The main reason not to buy a second hand drive is in case it was dropped at any time. They are fragile mechanical devices.

Advertisement